Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Pillow Without A Handle - OOPS

Yesterday was a cool, sunny day with a high of about 6C. The wind blew making it feel cooler. This morning, it is -6C and calm. The sun is shining so it seems like we could have another nice day. Rain is coming.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I cleaned the dining area. Furniture moved, dusted, and floors scrubbed. I need to clean some silver but it has to wait a day or two. 
I also did 2 loads of laundry so am caught up in that area. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon in the sewing room. The goal was to finish the Christmas reading pillow. I did accomplish that with a minor mistake. 
I have no carrying handle so will have to go back and make one. That means taking the top seam out and redoing it. A minor mistake but a mistake non the less. 
I chose a red zipper and a bit of me wishes I had chosen a lime green one. It's okay as the children won't even notice it. 

Sewing For The Dolls

I am thinking of how I can use up the doll's fabric stash. I don't want all the clothes hanging around here so I need to think of a way to sell them. My target will be little girls, their mom's and grandmas. As I am targeting this group, the clothes can't be expensive. So, I'm thinking of simple outfits; pull on skirts, reversible tops, basic dress, easy cardigans with matching hats, and pajamas. I'm looking at $5-10.00 price range. I'm not thinking big profit only getting the fabric/yarn gone. There are a few pieces of fabric I will not sew for sale as they are for my dolls. They will be more complicated patterns. 
I hadn't planned on buying any patterns but will be buying one -- a reversible top with a cute and simple skirt pattern. Both are easy to sew patterns so I can make them up quickly once I get the hang of the patterns. The skirt pattern I have is an easy to make pattern and the pajama pattern isn't that hard either. If I'm careful, I won't have to buy any fabrics or trims. I want to use up what I have and then buy selectively. 
I will keep you posted on my progress. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the doll's sweater and have started to sew it together. I hope to finish it today. It is a cute pattern and time consuming to make. I will put it into the sale bin as it turned out to be a nice knit. 

Today

I need to fix the pillow, get ready to tutor grandson, and finish up the sweater so I can do a photo shoot. A busy day but a fun one. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment