Friday, November 29, 2019

And It Snowed

After three days of sunshine, we got rain yesterday morning which turned into snow. It snowed most of the day then turned back to rain. This morning it is cloudy and windy. Temperature is 2C. 

Lifestyle

On Wednesday I headed out the door in good time to WW. I lost .7 lb which surprised me. I had a lot of pain with the storms coming in and usually gain. I did keep my eating in check though it wasn't perfect. 
After the meeting, I headed into Bedford to shop and got some items but not others. I did pick up icicle lights for the garage. They were put up in the afternoon. Outside decorations are done. 
Yesterday afternoon, both of us headed outside to clear the driveway. It was 45 minutes of heavy wet snow. We got it done just as it started to rain. 

Sewing

I did a couple of hours of sewing on the napkins yesterday afternoon. The goal was to baste a scant 3/8" from the edge that I turn under. It was done but not after a lot of muttering and cursing.
My machine sounded louder than normal when stitching on Tuesday. I thought the timing may be out and wondered if I should shut down the sewing room and take the machine in for servicing. One more try, I thought. It was noisy and then the bobbin ran out of thread. Filled the bobbin and it became nasty. The thread was sticking to itself. It wouldn't unwind nicely and was tight. In the end, I unwound the bobbin thread and refilled it from the new spool. The machine is purring along. I had bought a bum spool of thread. My first ever. 
All 6 napkins have been basted and 3 have the edges turned under. A couple of days and they will be done. Next up pajama pants and tea towels. I'm ready now to take them on. 

Knitting

I finished the doll's sweater last night and sewed the buttons on yesterday morning. I started the hat and was merrily knitting away and I had to unknit 5 rows. I had missed a row of picot stitch. The hat will be done by tonight. Not sure what I will knit while waiting for the next test pattern. Will have to dig in the yarn stash for an idea. 

Today

Making buns to day for dinner at family's tonight. Will do some housework and sewing so I can keep moving forward with getting the list done.
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment