Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Rest Day That Was Productive

Yesterday was a cold blustery day. It ended up also being a sunny day. This morning is cool at -2C but it is suppose to get to 6-7C. 

Lifestyle

I got the living room cleaned up and the floor ready to wash. I had to quit as was in pain from my knee. I hobbled around getting it done. After I did the stairs, the Spousal Unit took the vacuum cleaner and did the dining area for me. It was a rest day for me. We either have a storm coming in or my thyroid is making me ache. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I knew I would make mistakes with the pain I was having. I did go down and look at the dolly drawers but didn't attempt anything. 

Knitting

While I did a bit of stretching and applied a lot of heat to my sore body, I knit. It was going to be a day to finish some UFOs. Grandson's socks were completed and I laugh every time I make his socks. The legs look so skinny in ribbing compared to the feet. These socks stay up without us worrying about his circulation. 
I did hobble down stairs to get the pattern to do the toes and finally watched the class I have on sock making. 
Once the socks were done, I hobbled down stairs again, put the yarn and needles away, picked up more yarn and needles to complete a hat I started ages ago (like last winter). It is now done and ready to go into the tub to be donated or sold. 
One would never think I ran out of yarn at the golden yellow color and that I had to buy yarn to finish it. 
I have the crocheted shoes to finish up and my UFOs are done. I have to say, that with the pain I had, I did well at completing projects. 

Today

I hope to work on laundry, wash some floors, sew some and work on the crocheted shoes. I'll also do some stretching to help ease the pain. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment