Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pants Too Big, Knitting Mistakes Corrected

Yesterday the weather was in the normal range for this time of the year. It was cloudy and sunny with a high of 20.4C or 68.7F. Perfect to be outside in the afternoon. Today is suppose to be cooler and then it is suppose to get warmer this coming week.


The morning started out with laundry, a bit of housework, and then off to get plants from the garden center. The Spousal Unit is wanting to plant more in the garden. In the mix, he got 2 tomatoes, 2 peppers, cucumbers (2 for us and 4 for Daughter), watermelon seeds, and 2 rose bushes.
Not to be left out, I bought the last of the fairy gardens for this year. I saw an idea and hunted down what I wanted. It took quite a while to do that.
The one I saw was in a glass container and had only the archway, chair and table. When I found this container (by accident) I knew I could add a pond and the bench. I need one more solar powered light in that area and next year I will add a couple of pots of flowers.
We got a text from Son to watch the news in Edmonton last night and saw the new recycle center in Sherwood Park. Jacob, our grandson, told us all about it last night when we Skyped with the family. It is a pretty impressive site compared to what we have.


When I tried on the Barb pants, they were too big so I adjusted the waist to fit me. I am going to hem them for work as they look okay. The goal is to hem the pants today. I do have to say they are comfortable to wear which is nice. My other pants fits horribly, are too big, and I spend a lot of time pulling them up. I printed out the pattern 2 sizes smaller and will print out the one size smaller pattern this week and make a decision on which one to use.


Knitting yesterday was a fiasco. I sat outside and tried to fix all the mistakes I had made in the ribbing. That means dropping the stitches one at a time and redoing them correctly with a crochet hook. It took so long that last night I ended up using the Spousal Unit's work light to finish up.
But the story is longer. I lost one of the knitting needles between the cushions in the couch. That means we have to put up the foot part and hunt. If nothing can be found, we have to put the couch on its front and back to find it. After a good 20-30 minutes we had found the missing knitting needle along with a darning needle, a sewing needle, and end covers for needles to keep the stitches from coming off the needles. Still missing is the row counter. And, the motor for one half of the couch is working again.
And more. When I was done, I had more rows knit than necessary and am now ripping out the extra rows. It was a crazy afternoon/evening in the knitting department. I really want to finish these socks so I can start the next ones for Jacob (just the toes left to knit). He picked the wool for his favourite hockey team and I want to start them. He also has the wool for his favourite football team. I see socks being knit most of the summer.
Heather, I cast on 48 stitches on 3.25 mm needles for these socks. I do a knit 2, purl 2 ribbing so they stay up well on Jacob's legs. He absolutely loves these socks and the wool I use.


I have to finish up the laundry, do some grocery shopping, unknit on the socks, and do a bit of sewing. It will be a busy but fun day.
Until tomorrow....................

No comments:

Post a Comment