Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Progress On The Dog Bags

 Yesterday was sunny and warm with a high of 28.6C (humidex 37C). It rained last evening and it was a very warm rain. This morning it is cloudy and 22C (humidex 30C). Today is suppose to have showers with a high of 24C (humidex 32C).

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I tidied up the kitchen and mopped the floor. It was nice to have that room tidy. I also folded the laundry and put it away. 

I was out the door mid morning to pay the water bill and to take my foreign money to the bank. After a lot of work on the tellers' part, they found that the bank is not taking that currency at this time. I will go back weekly to see if they are buying it. I did talk to my financial advisor about my trip and we had a couple of good laughs. I got home at noon. 

The rain we had last night came in fast bringing heavy rain fall. It did stop for a while about 8:30 pm as the sun shone before it set. It did rain overnight also. I think we had about 1.5" of rain. The worst part is that it didn't cool off and I had to run the a/c all night. I will be running the dehumidifier part of the heat pump all day today to keep the house cool. 

I started back eating properly yesterday. I stopped as I wasn't tasting or smelling food very well. Those senses have come back so I went back to eating correctly. I am down to the last freezer meal so need to cook some recipes up to put into the freezer. 

Sewing

 I spent the afternoon in the sewing room and got the backs cut out and quilted for the two bags. 

I made the first bag up and the only issue I had was making the corners. I had a bit of fabric folding happen due to the thickness of the foam. I got it figured out and need to decide on a way to do it easier. 


I am very pleased with how the bag looks. The print is still the feature fabric which is what I wanted. The foam makes the bag stand up nicely and I know I will be using it when I make more bags. I can buy it by the meter at the quilt shop. 

The lining is next and I have enough left over backing from the dog quilt to line both the bags. All of the fabric and the flex-foam but the handles and button loop came from the stash. The dog fabric had been bought in early spring so I technically call it stash. 

Knitting

I started a doll's sweater using some expensive yarn from the stash. I am hoping I have enough of it as it was 100 grams.

I have made this pattern twice before and I do like it. It is to go with a dress I have to buy the pattern and make. It is my rendition of an outfit I saw a little girl wear in Sweden. Her sweater had cables on it but I couldn't find a pattern in this weight of yarn. 

Next up will be Christmas socks from yarn I bought last December. 

Thoughts

    I did some thinking about the house and I need to get on a list with a person to come in a give me an estimate for the jobs I want done. I have firmed up those to be painting, trim replaced, crown moulding put up, new counter tops and possibly the kitchen cabinets painted. 

    Soft decor is harder. My bedroom is sorted out to be blue, white, and grey. It will be calm so I can sleep well in it. From there I am struggling with ideas. I know the walls will be light grey which will allow me to add colour seasonally but how much seasonal do I want. I am thinking that it will be a bit here and there. My decision is to not have a lot of items in storage so I don't have to worry about them later on. At the moment I am focusing on getting the list of items started finished and then think about what I can make for the house. This is where I struggle. It is easier to make things I can give away or sell. 

    I am giving daughter the cat quilt I am making. I have not decided who will get the Norwegian Winter quilt. I may keep it but I may give to someone who will appreciate it. I have my I Irish chain quilt for my bedroom, the sheep quilt for ?? and then I am done my quilts. I have 3 to make for daughter and son-in-law. These will take me a couple of years to make. Daughter and son-in-laws quilts will be quick and easy with a horse panel being a bit more difficult. I would love to add a quilt to the mix for son and daughter-in-law.

Today

I need to grocery shop and start cleaning the bathroom. This afternoon I want to sew the second bag ready for lining. I may even get the lining cut out. Tonight I will knit on the doll's sweater. I would like to try and pick tomatoes tonight if it isn't too hot and humid. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment