Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Getting Back Into The Groove

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 26.6C (humidex 30C). This morning it is partly cloudy and 14C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a risk of a thundershower. The high is to get to 26C (humidex 31C).

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned up part of the house. The first area to tackle was the litter box in the spare room. While the floor was drying, I did the bathroom floor and finally finished the area doing the hall floor. 

Laundry was put away and I did get the kitchen cleaned up twice. The first time was after I picked the meat off the chicken and the second time was after dinner. I was quite happy with how much I did in the house. 

I thought I had lost the plug in to charge my computer but found it when I looked for the tetra storage unit which I keep all my files and folder in. I also cleaned the mouse but will need to buy a new one. My old one is worn out after 12-13 years of use. It sticks and I have to bang it to get it to release. 

I did wander out into the garden, ate a few grape tomatoes and picked a cucumber for dinner. I had it with the Better Boy tomato and it was so fresh and delicious. 

Next time I may add a bit of Greek dressing to it but having it with salt and pepper was perfect for last night. 

I have got everything unpacked and put away. I now am ready to return items I borrowed from family for the trip. I dug out something I bought for grandson to give to him as he scored a goal at his game on Sunday. I am so proud of him as he plays a position where he rarely gets a chance to score. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday and tackled the button holes on the bodice of the underdress. I was very careful when doing them and they turned out better than I had thought they would. I then worked on the skirt and attached it to the bodice. A good press and it was done. 

I will do better pictures in the family room. 

I pinned the pattern pieces for the outer dress onto the red fabric. I need a fat quarter to make the hat for this outfit. I have enough of the strawberry print to do the lining. Hurrah!!

I pulled out the Ultimate Beginner's Quilt blocks and have it ready to go to the quilt shop to buy the sashing and inner border for it. Time to get it finished and ready to be long armed quilted. I will have to decide on the backing and will leave the batting up to the long arm quilter. 

I looked at the cat quilt briefly. I need to get back to sewing it and finishing the tutorial I started. I need to cut the long pieces of sashing and sew the blocks up vertically. I am looking forward to getting these two quilts done so I can start on the next one. 

I foresee changing thread on the sewing machines constantly as I finish up these projects. But it will be fun to watch each one reach the finish line. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and have about 10 rows to knit before the gusset is finished. Progress has been made. No pictures. 

Thoughts

    I have been on my eating plan for 2 days and feel so much better. We strived to eat well in Halmstad but I did eat foods I normally don't eat. I didn't loose weight but I didn't gain. I now want to loose the weight I gained before leaving for Sweden. I have set a goal to loose it by Christmas. 

    I did better yesterday with only a couple of times where I felt tired. I rested but didn't nap. I stayed up until 8:30 pm and hope to stay up until 9 pm tonight. I am waking up at my usual 6 am time so am almost there schedule wise. 

    Elliott is settling back into his old self. He thought about biting me this morning of which we had a talk about. He still wants to cuddle and purrs a lot. He is starting to settle down to nap in the afternoon and isn't following me from room to room thinking I am going to leave him again.

Today

I am heading to New Minas this morning to get fabric, a new computer mouse, and a few items from Walmart. I hope to cut out the outer dress this afternoon and knit tonight. I do have to plan dinner. I also hope to return items to family after dinner. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment