Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Fabric Bought

 Yesterday was more cloudy than sunny with a high of 25.1C (humidex 29C). This morning there is light clouds and 14C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 24C (humidex 25C).

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was out to New Minas to get a new mouse for the computer. It is a nice mouse though larger than my old one. I will keep the old one just in case I need it in an emergency. 

My next stop was to the quilt shop. I had a lot of fun there. 

Elliott's reaction to me buying fabric was OH NO!! You fell off the wagon.

I assured him it will be sewn up fast and furiously. 

Sewing

Ultimate Beginner's Quilt

I laid out the blocks so the staff could see what I was doing and we could make a great choice for the sashing. 


After much prowling the store and pulling about 8 bolts of fabric, we found this one for the sashing. 

I am excited with the choice we came up with. I did look at blues but nothing struck a chord hence why we chose the grey tiny snowflake print. 

I did see a bolt of fabric I wanted to make piping with and there was a fat quarter on the cutting table. I picked it up to make piping for daughter. 

It has a metallic band in it which I knew she would love. 

Bag for Auction

I realized I have to make one bag for daughter to donate to an auction. I quickly chose an idea and worked out how much I needed. 

I found this idea on Pinterest. It was only a picture which I downloaded. No reference to who had made it. 

I ran downstairs before leaving to put the fabrics together. I grabbed the dog print I had bought from Spoonflower, a piece I knew I wanted in it, and a grey/white grunge fabric daughter had sent me. I needed fabric for the handles and button closures. We found the fabric rather quickly. It is the top one and it makes the print sing.


I did buy a piece for the dolls that mimics the dress I saw a little girl wearing at a soccer game in Sweden. 

I sat and talked to the owner of the store for about 45 minutes. She has asked me to teach in her store and once I am caught up, I will do it. I am also going to think about doing the long arm quilting certification. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got the gusset decreases done. 

A few more nights and it will be done. 

Thoughts

    I was over to see family last night and visited with son. Daughter-in-law and grandson were getting home late (which I had forgot about). We had a great visit talking about what I saw, soccer, and the process of getting a foreign player signed on. Even if grandson doesn't get signed on, the compliment he got was great and he was much more confident playing with his team on the weekend. He scored the only goal at his game on Sunday and was voted best player by his team mates. 

    I have stuck to my proper eating habits and have lost 3 lbs. I am sure some of it was fluid retention. I am feeling much better eating healthy but know that due to the circumstances we had to eat some fast foods. I still have more to loose and am focusing on it at the moment. 

    I stayed up until 9 pm last night and am almost over the time change. It took longer than I had thought it would but I am now over the hump. 

Today

I need to get some extra groceries this morning, launder fabrics, and get my plans in place for sewing for the rest of the month. This afternoon, I am taking my friend to the quilt shop so I can get my prize for the bag I made. Then home after that. I will knit tonight. Another busy day for me with tomorrow being the last one for a while. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment