Thursday, August 15, 2024

A Wonderful Prize and Tea Party

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 21.7C (humidex 26C). This morning it was foggy and 12C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 25C (humidex 27C)

Lifestyle

I have spent nearly an hour trying to figure out why my keyboard wouldn't work. After a lot of searching I found that I had a button on in the mouse settings that needed to be off. I am assuming that I turned it on by accident when setting up the new mouse I had bought. 

I lagged in energy yesterday. I got groceries and put them away. I sat to have a drink and my energy left me. I finally pushed myself to launder fabric before I left for New Minas and a tea party. I was worried I wouldn't make it. But I did. 

The tea party was small (4 of us) so I could get my prize for the bag I had entered into the Christmas In July contest. 

We had tea and macaroons. The tea cups were delightful with designs of daffodils (Welsh flower) and violets on them. The owner is from Wales and her mother's name was Violet. 

After dinner I went to show my friend what I had got and we talked until 8:30 pm. She was tired and needed to be kept awake as did I. 

My lawns were mowed yesterday and hadn't been done while I was gone. It had rained a lot and when I checked the rain gauge there was 2.25" of rain in it. Most of it fell in the last week before we came home. 

Sewing

The prize I received was gorgeous. Some was from the company that sponsored the contest and some from the quilt shop. 

The quilt shop items consisted of small snips from Tula Pink, fat quarters.

The quilt shop carries the full line of the fat quarters which arrived when I was in Sweden. 

The company items consisted of a charm pack and a fat quarter bundle of the nicest flannel I have ever touched. They also gave a bag and a pen. 

And of course the cherished third place ribbon.

I will be taking part in the contest again next year to help support the store. 

I did buy some more of the fabric for the handles on the dog bag as I am going to make 2 of them. I need to start them today if at all possible. 

Knitting

None done last night. 

Thoughts

    I am still lagging from the trip but do bounce back most days. I have to make sure that I don't nap or I will not sleep at night. Yesterday was unusual as I lost energy twice during the day. Usually it is late afternoon not the morning.

    My energy lag could be that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with what I need to do in the sewing room. I have to make a list and keep working on it and hope I get what needs to be shipped done by mid September (earlier if possible). I need to put items away that don't have a strict deadline and worry about them later. I also need to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the designing and sewing process. 

    I am still eating properly and today was the first day I didn't loose weight. That is okay as my body needs to adjust to the loss I have had. I will continue to eat healthy so I can reach my goal once again. 

    I found out this morning that a friend passed away last night. She was a wonderful person and I taught both of her children. She was also my hairdresser for a few years and I was a model for one of the students when she taught hairdressing at the school in Ashcroft. She was a person who always had a smile on her face and a kind word for everyone. 

Today

I have to go to osteopathy at 11 am this morning so hope to do a couple of things before I leave. Once home, I need to focus on cutting out the outer dress for the doll and the begin cutting the fabric for the dog bags. Tonight I hope to knit. Another day away from home for a couple of hours but the treatment will be welcomed by my body. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment