Monday, April 08, 2024

The Chemise Is Done

 Yesterday was another cool cloudy day. The high got to 5.5C. This morning it is clear and -2C. We are to have sunshine, north wind, and a high of 11C. 

Lifestyle

I didn't do yoga as my body was tired and I didn't want to push it. I did the balance sheet without any issues and went grocery shopping. I made myself walk the whole store and stretched my body while doing it. 

Once home, I put away the groceries and did a few more activities for my body. I did a few squats which I haven't been able to do for a long time. I went up and down the stairs properly. It was more of a low activity my body could do without rebelling. 

Heat was my friend during the day. I kept it on my hip and knee though I had very little pain. I was keeping it warm and limber between doing a few activities. It worked. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon finishing up the doll's chemise. I smocked the 2nd sleeve and hand stitched the hem down. Button loops were hand made and the buttons sewn on the front. I am so happy it is done. What a lot of work for a little item of clothing. 

While watching a YouTube video on a British archeology dig looking for artifacts from the Renaissance era a lady was filmed wearing an outfit from the era. Though the chemise wasn't smocked, the detail on the neck was amazing. It was white with black embroidery. It was one way these chemises were done. It was a wonderful thing to look at during the video. 

When taking a break between smocking and hemming, I cut out the pieces for the front of the dress. 

There are some other tiny pieces on the sheer that I will cut out if needed on the outfit. I have to look for the rhinestones I need and sew on pearl back on to one of the top flowers. 

Knitting

It was an evening of knitting 4 rounds and finding out I had dropped a stitch. I had to unknit 4 rounds, pick up the stitch and reknit 4 rounds. I then did one more round before I called it a night. 


I don't often drop a stitch and I usually see it right away as it messes up the pattern. I kept wondering why the pattern wasn't working and when I looked after 4 rounds of knitting, I discovered it. My reaction - Silly me.

Thoughts

    I did the brain dump after doing the balance sheet. My goal is to use up what I have in the stashes. I have lots to keep me busy for a long time. I can buy a bit each month if I need something but the wants are going to be purchased less often. It is time to get the sewing/knitting/craft stashes used up. Subscriptions to crafting/sewing sites will be minimal as there are so many free sites to explore for ideas and patterns. 

    I also thought about the perfectionism issue I have. I do have high standards for the work I do. It is who I am. I know I have issues thinking it isn't good enough but I am realizing I have done a good job on each thing I have made. If I keep that in the front of my thoughts, I will be happy. 

    I am still working on how tightly I have controlled my diet. I still worry about gaining the weight I lost back. Starving myself isn't the answer so I am learning to eat more on a daily basis. Exercise will the key to keeping the weight off. 

Today

I have to be out the door for physio in less than an hour. I am excited to go and show the improvement I have had in the past 2 weeks. Once home, I have some chores to do, a bit of house to clean, and then I am free to start work on my next sewing projects. If it is nice out this afternoon, I want to walk a short distance. Tonight I will knit on the hat. 

Until the next time....................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:57 PM

    I love the chemise, as well as the cardinal quilt you just finished. Your attention to detail shines through in the end results. Thanks for sharing those journeys on the blog.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete