Friday, April 05, 2024

A Session Working on Sore Muscles

 The weather yesterday was cloudy with a few snow flakes in the morning, big snowflakes in the afternoon and rain in the evening. About 3/4" of moisture fell with a high of 2C. This morning it is cloudy and 2C. Today we are to have drizzle or showers with a high of 4C.

Lifestyle

I lucked out going to osteopathy. There were a few flakes of snow falling but nothing to be concerned about. The drive home was the same. The only thing bothersome was the wind. 

My session at osteopathy focused on the tight muscles. They were worked on for 45 minutes. The front one was really tight. Why is the unknown. The session did help a lot though. 

I came right home after the session as I did not want to be out in the cold wind. The muscles did not need that after being warm and worked on. I did go to the local craft store but that was in and out of the car. No walking from store to store in a strip mall. 

I was tired yesterday from the session and not sleeping as well as I could be. I was also told to do lots of heat on the muscles. I didn't do as much cleaning up as I had hoped as I rested and used the heating pad all afternoon. It worked as things felt much better by dinner time though I felt quite tired. 

Sewing and Crafting

I bought a small score board using up an old gift card I found in my purse. I did wander through the new store and the owner and her staff have done an excellent job of laying it out and getting stock displayed in just over a week. I did enjoy my short time in the shop. 

At home, I spent the afternoon with the heating pad on my lap while I hand sewed the quilt binding down. I am just over half done. One long side and half a short side left to do. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got the foot of the sock completed. 

Just the toe left to knit and it will be done. 

I love how the yarn came out of the cake. Most of the cakes collapse on me at this stage but this one hasn't. 

Thoughts

    The snow storm wasn't as bad as anticipated. It came in later than expected and wasn't as heavy as predicted. The wind was from the east and cold. It wasn't a nice day but it wasn't the worst day we have had. Hopefully this is the last snow storm. 

    Everyone is baffled as to why the three muscles in my thigh are so tight. The front glute is extremely tight where it attaches to the bone and causes me the most pain. The other two are tolerable. All three may need needling as the nerves may be sending signals for them to be tight and sore. Once they stop hurting, they can get strengthened and I should be fine. The hip and knee joints are sitting nicely in their joints and are not hurting. 

    I had an "aha" moment in genealogy. My father and aunt told me we are Dutch and I have seen it on marriage and death certificates. I was baffled as I have not found any trace of it in my search. I finally saw an article which states Dutch means German for us. That makes sense as we have German lineage in our family tree. Another mystery solved.

Today

With my muscles feeling better, I am going to do yoga this morning. Cleaning will be starting on the living room. I want to hand sew the binding down on the quilt so I can finish it and get on with other projects. I hope to finish the socks tonight. A day at home for me. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment