Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Finishing Up Easy Projects

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 7.8C. This morning it is clear and -1C. We are to have another sunny day today with a high of 7C. We are under a warning that we could have snow fall from Wednesday night to Friday. 

Lifestyle

I got laundry started early followed by getting the turkey carcass on to make soup. I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. It is nice to have it all wiped down and looking tidy. I ended up the morning finishing up the soup and getting 2 containers of soup and 2 containers of broth in the freezer. I sat for a few minutes to admire the kitchen while the floor dried. 

I was out to take the burlap off the garlic during a short break from cleaning. It is growing well and looks healthy. I was out again after lunch when family and our friends' boys arrived to put ground cover and rubber mulch into the shed. My job was to load up the boys with bags of mulch. All is stacked neatly in the shed ready for spring to arrive. Son took home the extension ladder from under the deck. I have no where to store it. 

I was on my healthy eating plan again yesterday and lost about 1.5 lbs of fluid. I am staying on it for the next couple of weeks to finish loosing the weight I gained. I am monitoring my glucose levels to make sure I am not having drastic lows and am doing fine. 

My hip and knee had a lot of cracking in bed last night. Things are shifting back into place with the fluid loss. I am still having less pain than I've had in a long time and am eager to start doing things outside this spring. I do notice that I can do more inside now that I have my hip and knee in better condition.  

Sewing

After family left, I headed downstairs to sew. I decided to work on the wine bottle bags as they have languished on the cutting table for most of the month. I made the lining part and put the bags together. The four of them are ready for me to hand sew the openings closed. 

It was great to work on an easy project. I did enjoy that. 

My next job is to finish the hemd. I downloaded the booklet on the hemd which is well done. It has some history in it which I like. The dress for April has been revealed along with fabrics they used. The dress is another labour intensive project though I am going to figure out how to do it with less handwork or with machine embroidery. I have one of the patterns already and the other pattern is a new one to be worn over the hemd. 

Knitting

I knit a lot last night. I finished the heel flap, turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches. 

I am hoping that there will be enough yarn left over to make a sweater for one of the Gotz dolls. 

Thoughts

    It was so nice to have the sun shine yesterday. It was great to be outside enjoying it thought it was too cool to sit around. You had to keep moving which was fine. It was also nice to see the children outside playing in their yards or in the street. They were having a great time. 

   I didn't look at the cardinal quilt yesterday. I took a day off working on it. I will be working on it again starting today. I can sit and watch tv while I hand sew for 30 minutes. I have my little list of things to do for this week -- finish the wine bottle bags, hand stitch the quilt binding, and try to get the hemd completed.

    I used the Sistema microwave rice cooker last night and it is wonderful. I am now able to cook 3 days of rice at once which is great. I will be using it a lot more than I thought I would. 

Today

I am going to clean the bathroom this morning, do some hand sewing until 2:30 pm. I have a massage at 3 pm. Tonight I will knit on the socks. I hope to do yoga also as I haven't done any of it for a few days. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment