Saturday, April 13, 2024

Planning and Prepping

 Yesterday was warm, wet, and windy. It rained quite a lot in the evening and the temperature rose to 15.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 12C. Today we may have periods of rain and a high of 16C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and it was somewhat easier to do. My SI joints were still sore and I had hoped they would relax and crack while stretching but to no avail. They were sore all day making me wonder what I needed to do to help them relax and get seated properly. 

My bedroom was cleaned yesterday and the floors mopped. While doing that job, I did 2 loads of laundry. Progress was made in the cleaning department. I have decided that I will start, once again, in the bedrooms (now done) and move through the house in a systematic way. I was doing it hodge podge which was working but I was tracking back and forth across the clean areas making them dirty.

I picked up grandson from school and took him home. He showered and went right back. Soccer friends came for dinner and we all went to watch the play put on by the schools senior students. It is "A Simpler Time" and was well done. We laughed and clapped as the students played their roles. Grandson did a great job of his parts even if they were small. 

At intermission I decided to quietly stretch. I put my feet on the back legs of the theatre chair and leaned into the chair behind me. I stood in that position for 5 minutes and it worked. I had very little pain after that. My SI joints are in place and all of the tight muscles are relaxed and happy. 

Sewing

I fixed the border on the quilt and am happy with the flow of it now. 

I now need to add 2 more blocks to the bottom left corner and then attach the bottom border. I got some help from a lady in England on how to make the border flow properly. 

My friend texted mid morning and we went to New Minas right after lunch. She needed to pick up the pictures for her next wall hanging. We then went to the quilt shop as she wanted to look at fabrics. I wandered around and looked. I did buy a new quilting ruler as mine has been used for almost 20 years. Not only for quilting, but drawing, and cutting using a knife when doing renovations. The new one is 6.5" x 24.5"; a full .5" wider and longer than my old one. I did look at every ruler the shop had and found the flying geese ruler. I did not buy it as it is expensive. 

I started to design the two bags I have to make for daughter. The bottoms will be faux suede that my friend gave me. I am thinking of doing a border of flying geese above the bottom and then the printed fabric above that. I have decided to do more flying geese so I can work on getting the block sewn in with good sharp points. I have the sizes for each part and now need to look in the stash for the flying geese fabric. I have one piece and am hoping the other piece is big enough for one bag. After that I may need to buy a bit of fabric. 

Knitting

No knitting last night as I got home late. 

Thoughts

    I was amazed at the strength of the storm that went through yesterday. I think there was one clap of thunder in the afternoon but am not certain. Once again everything is soaking wet. We did not need this storm as the ground is very wet at this time. 

    I was so grateful that a lady in England gave me some help with the border on the quilt. She teaches quilting and did a project with flying geese. I now have a better understanding of how to lay out the flying geese border. Enough so that I want to do more flying geese to get better at it. 

    I looked briefly at the journal I have been working on a bit at a time and need to get back to working on it. Once this quilt is done and I start on the doll's dress, I will work on the journal as a break from the dress. The dress will be started after I do some embroidery I have on the table plus a label for my friend's latest wall hanging. 

    I am trying to prep for the next quilts I want to make. I have watched how to make most of the blocks and now need to figure out what supplies I need to dig out and what I need to buy. I also need to clean up the sewing room before I start any new projects. 

Today

I am going to do a bit more in my bedroom and fold laundry. I want to cut out the last blocks to make the flying geese blocks and start sewing them. I need to have a nap this afternoon as I will be out tonight. A bit of a crazy day for me. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment