Tuesday, April 09, 2024

A Perfect Day For The Eclipse

 Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with a high of 14.1C. This morning it is clear and 2C. Today is to have increasing cloud and a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door for physio and had a great session. I showed the therapist that I could squat evenly, low, and strongly and she was impressed. She did an assessment and everything is in the right place. There is stiffness in my back which triggers some pain. She worked on that. I am now 3 weeks between sessions as I have made a lot of progress.

Once home, I had a rest as I was tired from all the things I did at physio. I rested for a while and then got up to sweep floors and do a bit of tidying up. I swept a lot of cat hair off the floors thanks to Elliott shedding like crazy. 

I spent a bit of time outside looking at the plants in the front of the house. I removed the dead growth from one of the lilies and they are up about 2". Not bad for the north side of the house. On the way to physio, I saw the daffodils in bloom amongst the trees at the corner where we turn onto the main road. I love to look at them when driving in and out of our subdivision. 

I sat upstairs watching the eclipse of the sun. The house got darker and the sky looked like early evening. The eclipse lasted for 87 seconds but it was wonderful here as the skies were clear. PEI was suppose to be the place to get the best of the eclipse as we were south of the path. But, it was still a great show here. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday. I decided to start on the quilt that daughter sent me the panel and fabrics for. I was going to learn how to make flying geese. I got them made and then struggled with trimming them. After a lot of thinking and moving the ruler around, I figured it out. Two were made and sewn together. 

I got the next six made and laid out before sewing them together. I was impressed at how nice they were turning out. 

Then I sewed the 8 blocks together and called it a day. I was on learning overload. 

I have enough blocks cut out to make 8 more and then I need to do more cutting. I am going to do some each day as this project is to be enjoyed rather than pushed through in a hurry. 

I will work on the doll's dress later this week. I now need to look in the stash lining. Once I find it, I can start. 

Knitting

I did not knit last night. I was out to see my friend and then was too tired to think about knitting. It was also late when I got home. 

Thoughts

    I was thrilled to learn that I am in good enough condition to have longer between physio visits. I am hoping that I can start having longer between osteopathy visits. The goal is to be finished this summer and then have osteopathy twice a year. I will need to continue doing yoga but I should be able to do other activities without a lot of pain or discomfort. 

    I am itching to get outside to do a few things in the yard. I think it was the lovely weather we had yesterday. Also the ground has dried out enough that it isn't squishy to walk on. Seeing the daffodils in bloom was another push for me to get outside. Once the forsthyia bloom I can do a bit of pruning on the rose bush. 

Today

I need to do yoga and some housework this morning. This afternoon I will do more of the blocks and then head out to work in the front flower bed. Tonight I want to knit. I am having a stay at home day today. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment