Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Progress On The Doll's Skirt

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of 12.4C. This morning it is cloudy and -2C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning and focused on stretching both sides equally. I found that it helped a lot as a couple of the exercises on the left side actually helped the right side. There was a bit of cracking but not as much as I had thought. The cracking happened in bed as I relaxed, the joints went back into place. 

I was out to get groceries after yoga. I walked most of the store and it wasn't that bad. I got tired taking the bags into the house and up the stairs. But I persisted until the job was done. I then sat with heat on my back and rested. 

Once rested, I did some clean up in the kitchen and got a few things organized to do some cooking over the next couple of days. I did cook chicken and a pot of rice in the afternoon. A pork roast is in the slow cooker already this morning. I am almost out of freezer meals and need to make more. I am thinking spaghetti and lasagna will be made tomorrow. 

Elliott has recovered from the vet and is back to his normal self. He hates his diet, loves the sun, and is happy. 

Sewing

I got back to sewing and it was wonderful to work in a clean space. I felt energized and creative. My first job was to start putting rhinestones onto the skirt of the dress. I have a limited amount of jonquil stones. I need to buy more. 


Looking at the skirt, I need to add a lot more stones to it and I may need to add a few more appliqués to the top of the skirt. 

I then cut out the skirt back from cotton. The seams got serged and the back placket put in. I am pretty proud of that placket. I love how it went in so neatly for me. 

The front and backs were sewn together and then I started on the facing for the waist. The video said 1" and then the presenter cut hers at 1.25". I had to redo mine when I realized what she had done. I did the V part as she said. The raw edge was turned under and sewn down. The facing was sewn on to the skirt. A lot of pressing and the facing is ready to be hand basted down. 

Once that is done, I can mark for the cartridge pleats and hand stitch them ready to pull up. Then it is on to the kirtle bodice. 

I wasn't overly sore when I left the sewing room. I stood and sat as I worked on the kirtle skirt. I was up and down the stairs to watch the video. I think I had a good balance of movement and it allowed my sore spots to relax and continue healing. 

Knitting

I finished daughter's purple hat last night. I am pleased with it. 

I unknit daughter-in-laws purple hat to the last row before decreasing. It now ready to have 4 more rows knit on it and then the decreasing done. 


Once it is done, I will unknit the peach coloured one, make it longer and finish it. Then I can start on another peach one. There is still yarn left so I will be making a third hat in each colour. 

Thoughts

    Spring is here. One of my neighbours dethatched his lawn and his son raked up the dead grass. My friends mowed their lawn as did another person two houses down from me. My lawn has been limed and the next step is to fertilize it. The fellow who mows my lawn will be around before long. 

    On the note of spring, one garden center is open with early flowers for sale. Too early for me as we are still having frost in the mornings. But it is nice to see the bright blooms on those plants when I go shopping. 

    I realized yesterday that I had a major flare up in my SI joint. It came on slowly and then hit hard. Having had osteopathy during the worst part was good as it helped the muscles relax. Doing yoga yesterday was also good as I stretched the muscles to help them relax more. I am sore which is to be expected. It will ease off as my body relaxes and heals. 

    Though I am sticking to sewing what I have, I need to buy more stones and eyelets for the dress. I also need another spool of thread for it. I am enjoying that I can shop from the stash to make items. Yes, I do need to buy a few items to finish projects and I am focusing on buying only what I need and nothing else. 

Today

The pork roast is in the slow cooker already. I need to do yoga to keep the muscles and tendons stretched. I have to do laundry and clean the bathroom this morning. This afternoon I want to work on the doll's outfit. Tonight I will knit. I may go out for a walk in the yard this afternoon when it is warm. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment