Saturday, April 06, 2024

Quilt and Socks Checked Off The List

 Yesterday was cloudy with drizzle. The high got to 6.3C. This morning is damp and 2C. Today we are to have a few showers and 6C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning and it felt great. I did have some cracking which resulted in less pain in my back. It was great to get back into doing the stretches as I know they are part of my ongoing plan with hip and knee. 

Once done yoga, I decided to clean part of the living room. I shook all the blankets on the couch and folded them. I started to clean the cat hair off the couch and Elliott showed up. He loves to be groomed and got right under the Furminator rake I use. Once done that, I cleaned up the cat hair, moved the couch, started cleaning the floor and dusting the rail behind it. Once done, I put that area back together and mopped more of the floor. 

I had to go out to make an appointment at the bank and then went to the dollar store to get a few things. I got home in good time and was out the door to remove the covering off the rose bush. It was squishy wet when walking on the lawn and my feet got wet. It also decided to rain lightly while I was doing the job. 

The rose bush is strong and healthy. There is growth on it and it will be quite the bush this summer. 

I did get some scratches when removing the burlap but it was worth it. Daughter-in-law's rose bush is just as advanced as mine is. The Spousal Unit would have been excited to see them in bud so early. 

The soreness in my hip gradually got better over the day. My back was a bit sore and my knee was stiff. Even the muscle in my groin was barely sore. The main soreness yesterday was my back which cracked a couple of times. More improvement which is nice. 

Sewing and Crafting

I bought 2 small tubs at the dollar store to put a bunch of the scrapbooking materials into. It made a huge difference in the work space and I felt much better not looking at a mess. 

The afternoon was spent hand sewing the binding down and just after 4 pm it was done. 

Though it has been a long time in the making and caused me some unhappy times, I am thrilled it is done. I am glad I followed the steps on how to do this version of quilt as you go and I learned a lot. I know I will not do a quilt of this size again due to how awkward it is to handle when it gets to this size. For me, 48 x 48" is the largest size I would do. I know I won't be doing another one for a while. 

Next up is to finish the doll's chemise and then I can start on new projects. I am looking forward to that. 

Knitting

I finished the socks last night and they are ready to deliver. 

There is enough yarn left over to do the cuffs and toes (and maybe the heels) on another pair of socks. I will be looking for a dark yarn to go with this yarn. 

I now need to get my needles out to start knitting hats. 

Thoughts

    Yesterday, I noticed an improvement in my sore muscles over the day. It seems as if having 3 people focus on those muscles worked. I see physio on Monday and we will see what happens next. I am enjoying walking much better and without a lot of pain. 

    I took a quick look around the yard yesterday and I need to get out when it is drier and do some clean up. The val d'or lilies are up and I need to remove last years foliage off them. I also need to do some garbage pick up, play with the landscaping, and work on getting the yard tidied up. I am looking forward to doing all the little jobs that need to be done. 

    Another job I need to do is park the car outside and clean up the garage. It needs to be cleaned up and a bit of organizing done. It looks tired after a winter of me not doing anything out there. 

Today

I want to do more cleaning in the living room area after I do yoga. I also need to fold laundry. I am going to work on the doll's chemise this afternoon as I want it done. I hope to start knitting on a hat tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment