Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Completing Projects From March

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 9.4C. This morning it is cloudy and 1C. We are to have showers today and a high of 5C. There is a storm that will arrive tonight. 

Lifestyle

I got the bathroom cleaned yesterday. It wasn't a hard job to do so I was able to get it done quite quickly. I do a little bit of cleaning daily in that room making it so much easier to do the room when it needs it. 

As I was going to get ready to do my next job, my friend texted and off we went to New Minas. Only to the quilt shop as she needed more thread. I wandered around the store looking at fabrics but bought nothing. It was just fun to look. 

I had a massage at 3 pm and the therapist found every sore spot I had. I had put the soreness down to being in a low slung car but lots of it is from the storm coming in. The therapist worked me over and I thought I would crawl out but, as soon as I stood up I was fine. Most of the pain was gone. I may need needling on Monday for the one muscle that is refusing to relax. 

I did a bit of grocery shopping on my home and by the time I got home, I was tired and hungry. I was in bed earlier than normal and slept well. Between the massage and Tylenol I had little to no pain. 

Sewing

I had 90 minutes of time to play with the wine bottle bags. I started out hand sewing the openings in the lining. As I finished each one, I turned it right side out. 

Then it was on to the next one.

Until all 4 were done. 


I played with one of the bags and it is ready for the ribbon to be hand sewn in place at the center back. 

I am quite happy with how the bag looks when done. These 4 bags are from left over fabric from other projects. 

The first video of April's Sew With Cinnamon has come out. I am still thinking on the fabric for this dress. Will I use the print fabric I chose (not authentic for this time period) or will I buy the fabrics I need for it. I can cross hatch the fabric I choose and apply rhinestones or I can embroider a design on it. I am thinking about what to do while waiting for the pattern to become available. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night until I started to fall asleep on the couch. I am almost done the gusset and am pleased with them so far. 

I have written up the pattern for future reference as I have at least one more pair to knit for daughter-in-law. 

Thoughts

    I haven't been doing yoga lately as I am trying to get housework done. I stopped doing it when I started to feel the funk come on. I am now trying to get caught up. I am getting there as I am feeling much better. Hopefully I can start yoga again this weekend. 

    We have another nasty storm coming which will bring snow and rain for a couple of days. It is not what I wanted to see as, like many others, I want warm, sunny days. My fingers are crossed it will be more rain than snow. I am itching to get outside to do a few things in the yard. 

Today

I am home all day. My goal is to clean the spare bedroom and hall. I have 2 loads of laundry to do while I am cleaning. This afternoon I want to finish the wine bottle bags, cut out piping for daughter, and hand sew binding on the quilt. I will be thinking about the skirt on the doll's dress as ideas keep floating in my head. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment