Saturday, March 05, 2022

Progress Can Be Slow

 Though the high only got to -8.1 and the wind blew, the sun did shine. This morning it was -10C, calm and sunny. We could almost see 0C today. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Fred Nickerson, a farmer who lives near Argyle, recently came across a bear's den in the woods in that vicinity containing a she-bear and three cubs. Mar 5, 1897.

(Note - you don't often see bears in the wild in this province I'm told).

Lifestyle

With the sun shining, the Spousal Unit was lured outside to scrape the driveway of another 2" of dry fluffy snow. He came in twice to warm up and did a great job going across rather than up and down the driveway. He felt great being outside and busy. I was worried but all was okay. 

I got the kitchen cleaned before I had to stop. My back has flared up and I think I have figured it out. I'm sitting lower in the sewing chair and it has flared up the muscle and then helping lift the Spousal Unit flared up worse. I am doing a bunch of stretching to help it.

I worked on the puzzle yesterday afternoon (later) and got it done. I have done this one mostly by myself and will try to do one a winter until the 1000 piece puzzles are done. I did enjoy working on it though there were some difficult parts. 

I will put it into its box today and set the Spousal Unit up at the table with his puzzle. 

Sewing

I finished the red borders on the placemats and then started to cut out the backing. I got only 2 cut out so need to buy another 2 meters for backing and binding. I also need to buy batting as I don't have enough of it. 

Once I got that figured out, I started to cut out a gift bag and stopped as I want the extra fabric from the backing for the lining. I also looked at the pattern for the apron and need to print the once piece and get it ready to cut out. I will have to cut out the mug rugs and then see if I can get another bag or two made also.

Knitting

I started to knit another sweater last night, got 10 rows done and realized I was using a size to big of needles. I started again and got 8 rows done. I am using up the Tutti Frutti colored yarn. Pictures will come as I progress. So far it is only white.

Today

I've been out to shop already this morning. I'm not sure if we are going for a drive to get meat and fabric after breakfast. I will sew this afternoon, set up the puzzle for the Spousal Unit, and knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment