Friday, March 04, 2022

A Bit Of A Scare

 Yesterday it started to snow early and it snowed all day. It stopped around 6 p.m. The snow was wetter this time though the high only got to -3.9C. There was about 8" of snow fall. This morning it is -15C with a windchill of -24C. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Schooner Geneva, Captain Arenburg, and Schooner Howard, Captain Walters, both sailed for Porto Rico. Lunenburg Mar 4, 1890.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did no housework except for 3 loads of laundry. I worked on the puzzle all morning. I have about 40 pieces left to put in and then it can go back into it's box. 

I got the Spousal Unit started on a puzzle and he spent the day sorting and putting 2 pieces together. I will move him to the table and sit with him to do the puzzle. I move pieces around so he can put them together. He still loves puzzles and, with help, he can do them. 

At 4 pm, the Spousal Unit decided to go out and shovel snow. I was watching for him as I made dinner. He disappeared and two ladies came running up the driveway. He had fallen and was yelling "Help". I had texts and phone calls from the neighbors but my phone decided to be silent. I ran out to help to find out he had a real weak spell and collapsed. He didn't loose consciousness as he told us all about it. Got him in, wrapped him in a blanket and did his blood sugar. Low enough he was hungry and short of fuel. I got sugar into him and we ate supper. He was fine though he is sore and stiff today. The two ladies and a man came and shoveled our driveway. He can't shovel snow unless I am outside with him. We will have someone come and do it next winter. Yesterday, once again, we are grateful to live in a wonderful area with helpful people.

Our neighbor couldn't come over to help as they are in isolation with Covid. It is going through the family now. We are fine with no symptoms since being in contact with them 10 days ago. 

Sewing

I did get some sewing done yesterday. The long red borders are on all 6 placemats and one has the short borders on it. 

The 3 border pieces I cut 1/4" larger where a delight to trim. I am doing well with accuracy though as I only have tiny bits to trim off some pieces. I'm really into accuracy. 

Yesterday, I put the Glide thread into a jar and still had issues with it getting hung up on the bobbin winder. I sat and though about getting the thread up higher off the machine. With a good snoop and realizing a container of wipes and the thread holder from the Diamond, I set up this temporary thread holder. 

It works and the tension is much better. I can't wait for the Juki thread holder to come. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater set and it's ready to put on the doll. 

I hope the hat is big enough but I always worry about hats being too small. 

Elliott was trying to lay on the knitting but decided to lay on a book instead. 

He is obsessed with lying on my knitting things. 

Today

Housework that I ignored yesterday needs to be done. I want to finish the borders on the placemat and start cutting out the backing. Tonight I will knit on another sweater to use up the yarn.

Until the next time..................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I really enjoy your blog, you are so disciplined about writing every single day. I love seeing all the items you make. I am sorry I didn't quite realise how tough your life is becoming. Take care of yourself too. Angela

    ReplyDelete