Tuesday, March 22, 2022

The Last of the Gingerbread Fabric Used Up

 Yesterday had its fair share of snow flurries with some of the flakes being huge in size. The sun did shine in the afternoon and the high got to 4.6C. This morning it is -1C and cloudy. We hope to see some sun this morning. 

Lifestyle

We were out early yesterday morning in a snow flurry that had huge flakes falling. We were off to get the Spousal Unit's blood work done. We came home in a snow flurry but the flakes were small. 

After a late breakfast, I had a short nap. I was awake a lot during the night worrying about the weather and blood work. I did get the floor swept and a bit of the laundry sorted and folded. 

The Spousal Unit made quick trips outside to enjoy the sunshine. He started another puzzle and did well. I didn't help him at all and he was happy doing it alone. We talked as I was in the family room hand sewing. 

Sewing

I tackled the last of the gingerbread fabric and scraps that were on the table. I got 4 squares made for 2 pot holders. 

I need to buy Insulbrite before I can finish them. I did put a bit of fabric back on the shelf but the remaining scraps were trashed. 

I laundered two pieces of fabric. One will be used to make a doll's dress, the other will be put away for the next doll's dress I want to make. 

I got one more placemat done. Hand sewing down the binding in the family room allows me to visit with the Spousal Unit. It gets the projects completed also. Win Win.

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and have 9 rounds left before the two socks are at the same point. Once they are the same, I think I have 15 rounds more to do on each before I do the heel flap. 

Today

I hope to do some housework, cut out the doll's dress, hand sew the binding on another placemat and knit. With it being so dull and dismal, I need to monitor the Spousal Unit for mood changes. This dull weather is hard on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment