Monday, March 07, 2022

Apron Hack Is Done

Yesterday started with snow, yes snow. About 1.5" fell before it started to rain. The rain wasn't a lot. The temperature rose to 9.5C around midnight. Today it is 8C, cloudy and it is going to rain starting this afternoon. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The people here had a great winter for hauling wood. Most of the people are fishermen, and it is fun to see them in the woods with their long rubber boots on and only one pair of socks, while the landsmen wear larrigans with three or four pairs of socks. West Quoddy Mar 7 1907. 

Larrigans are a knee-high boot of oiled leather with a moccasin foot, worn by lumbermen and trappers.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was spent doing a puzzle with the Spousal Unit. Though it is only 300 pieces, he needs some help with the pieces so progress can be made. I find them and then he puts them together. He finds some and puts them in. He gets better as time goes on. We spent quite a bit of time on it and I got some pieces ready for today. He felt successful and enjoyed the time we spent on it. 

I did get the floors vacuumed before lunch and it is nice to have that job done. Elliott was downstairs snuggled in a quilt on a chair by the puzzle table so I didn't have to think about him being under foot.

Sewing

I did sneak in some time for sewing. The apron is done. 

It was more work than I thought it would be but it was fun. I tried it on Susan who is wearing a historical dress. The apron is more suited to pants and a t-shirt. 


I would make it a bit longer also. 


I am going to try a different apron pattern for the next one. McCalls 6451 (View C). 

Knitting

I worked on the little sweater and got the body done. I'm ready to do the sleeves. I may have enough yarn to make the hat. 

It will be nice to have used up this ball of yarn. When this is done, I will have knit 5.5 skeins of yarn. A good start to the year. 

Today

I have to fold laundry and wash floors today. I am sure we will work some on the puzzle. I want to cut out the backs and binding for the placemats and, hopefully, the batting. Tonight is knitting the sweater and hat if there is enough yarn. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment