Thursday, March 10, 2022

Nearly Back To Normal

 Yesterday had a mixture of weather. Sunshine, clouds, a bit of wind, and snow over night. The high was 0.7C. Today is to be sunnier and warmer with a high of 7C. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Our roads are now entirely blocked with snow and our famous snow brigade with their wooden spades have been order out to clear them. McKinnons Harbor Mar 10 1897.

Lifestyle

Yesterday had its ups and down. I would get one issue sorted out, have a good spell, then another issue would come up and have to be dealt with or not. It came to a head late in the afternoon with me getting upset as I was exhausted. By 5 p.m. the Spousal Unit was almost asleep eating his meal and he started to unwind. He was more relaxed when he went to bed and is back to near normal this morning. Today is recovery day for him.

I was able to fold laundry and put it away and get 2 more loads done. The last load is not folded but it will get done today. 

Sewing

I escaped to the sewing room a couple of times to work on the placemats. I am slowly getting them quilted. Maybe today I can get a couple more done though getting one done would be alright. 

Once the placemats are done and the binding is on them, I will do the mug rugs and the gift bag(s). When all that is done, I will hand sew the bindings down while I relax and watch TV.

Knitting

I finished the Picot hat and started the sweater. I am about 5 rows short of dividing the sweater. I have been paying attention to putting the picot stitch onto the one left side. So far so good. 

The two hats are different sizes. When I'm done the the sweater, I'm going to compare the patterns and I may redo the plain hat (the smaller one). 

Today

I will get the laundry folded and do some housework. I want to sew on the placemats, need to pick up grandson from school at 2:30 p.m. and knit tonight. I'm trying to relax as my shoulders and back are sore from being so tense. Hopefully pictures today.

Until the next time...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment