Monday, March 21, 2022

Back On Line

 Yesterday was warm and sunny. The high was 11.1C. This morning, it is 4C and it will remain steady at that temperature all day. We could have rain or snow showers.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit's spell lasted until about 11:30 a.m. After trying to talk to him and listening to him, I told him I was going downstairs to sweep the sewing room floor. It was time for me to remove myself from the situation. He went outside and wandered around the yard looking at things. When he came in, he was in a decidedly better mood and told me 3 garlic plants were up. 

We had a good afternoon. We watched a couple of TV programs he likes, he put the puzzle away, and he was in and out enjoying the sunshine. Daughter-in-law was over and we looked at the garlic and there are 9 plants up. The day ended in a high note and all seems to be back to his normal now. 

Sewing

I did get the sewing room floor swept and there was a lot of thread and fluff on it. I also did a bit of tidying up before I tackled the gift bag. It was finished by the time the Spousal Unit came in to tell me about the garlic. 

I would interface the lining of this bag to give it shape. I have two containers in it holding it up. When sewing, you can do the long layout as she shows it. I would sew the long side seams first as shown including the openings for the ties. I'd press those seams open and then do the two bottom seams. That way it would be easier to have nice open seams to box the bottoms.

I like how this bag closes tightly at the top vs the other bag I made. But both do the job. 

After lunch, I put the TV on and hand sewed down the binding on 2 of the placemats. The Spousal Unit watched TV with me which was nice.


I quite like this pattern and will be using it again to make another set of placemats for us. 

I found this pattern to make a gift bag using 2.5" strips (left over jelly roll or cut your own). I will be thinking about this one as you could make it scrappy. Nice thing is you only need the strips 21" in length and a fat quarter. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night. I have the two almost done to the same number of rows. Once they are the same, I will knit 15 more rounds on each one and decide if it is time to start the heel flap. 

Today

We are off shortly for the Spousal Unit to give blood. Once home and fed, I am hoping to do a bit of housework as I'm behind once again. I want to see if I can make the Board Walk Boutique from the left over gingerbread fabric and hand sew more binding down on the placemats. Tonight I hope to knit on the socks. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment