Tuesday, March 08, 2022

How In The World Did I Miss It???

 Yesterday was one of those greyish days with some sunshine. The temperature hung in at about 8-9C all day. This morning it is 8C and the wind is really blowing. The temperature is to drop today and we are to have it -7C over night. We had 9.3mm of rain fall last night. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Ox Shoeing - Mr EA Roscoe is now prepared to shoe oxen in a neat and expeditious manner, having fitted his shop with appliances for that purpose. Berwick Mar 8, 1899.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I washed all the floors. They were dirty. The Spousal Unit wears his outside shoes in the house when he doesn't remember to take them off. It is nice to have the floors clean once again though the outside boots did make a trek through the house in the afternoon. 

The first puzzle is done and it was fun to do. The Spousal Unit enjoyed it and found pieces on his own. 

The main part of doing puzzles is for his memory. I will give him pieces to try and most often they fit but on occasion they don't. He was happy enough that we got the next puzzle out. He sorted and then we did the bottom edge. He was tired by then. 

We had a long talk about is memory problems yesterday. It was good for both of us to talk about it. I am hoping that he can get some medication to help him as he hates the spells he's had. He knows they start and he knows he can't stop them and until they are over, he remembers very little about what he said or did. That bothers him he said. 

Sewing

I had some time in the sewing room yesterday. I cut out the backs for the placemats and then the binding. I was short .3 meter of fabric for the binding (4 strips) but will piece them with the left over fabric from the backing. I cut out the batting also.

I started out sandwiching one placemat and spent a bit of time figuring out how to get the quilting lines right. I got it and started quilting. I also stitched in the ditch very slowly and carefully next to the green border. 


The next row of stitching goes next to the outer border. I have to change to green thread for that so will do that once all the place mats are quilted in red. My goal is to use up all this fabric this month. None is going back onto the shelves. 

I looking at a second thread holder for sewing. I want one that is portable so I can use it on both machines. I saw this one while surfing Pinterest. It is the Thread Director 2.

What I like about it is it is portable, attaches to the bobbin winder or upright spool pin and allows specialty thread to come off the spool without it twisting. It also allow you to use two colors either in one needle or two.

The other one recommended is the Superior Thread Holder. 

It sits on the table beside or behind your machine. You can use cones of thread upright, spools horizontally and your bobbins if you need to use up the thread on them. It is recommended for specialty thread also. 

I have the thread holder coming for the Juki which attaches to the machine. It has the thread sit vertically rather than horizontally. Glide thread likes to sit vertically. The other holder is for specialty thread or when I want to sew with two colors to do decorative stitching. I'm still weighing the pros and cons on which one. If I hadn't ordered the Juki thread holder I would have bought one of each the above. 

Knitting

I got the second sweater finished to the buttons last night. 


And today I have to rip it out as I didn't do the eyelets on the one side. How in the world I missed it is beyond me. Way back up at the second row of eyelets and I never even noticed it. 

If ripping it out is hard, I will trash it and use the remaining yarn to make a new one. I'm sure I will get it ripped out as I want to make the hat that goes with this sweater. 

Today

I have to do the budget today after I clean the table of a few small items. Then puzzle, sewing, and knitting which will include unknitting. 

Until the next time.......................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment