Wednesday, March 16, 2022

A Successful Day

 Yesterday was sunny, warm, and calm. The high got to 7.4C. This morning it is -1C and, though it is to get to 7C, we are to have snow flurries. Yuck!!

Lifestyle

We had an excellent day yesterday. I got the kitchen cleaned up and the floor washed. Even the stove got pulled out and that area was cleaned. The appliances were polished where needed. 

The Spousal Unit had a happy day. He was in and out all day long enjoying the sunshine. He got the down spout extension out of the ditch and back on. He walked up and down the driveway several times and stood on the deck soaking in the rays. He kept saying how happy he was.

We worked on the puzzle and I got the edge done as he was finding it difficult (it was) and while I did that, he found pieces to go together. I was short 3 pieces of the edge and I found 2 and he spotted the last one. We called it a day and left the puzzle table in a great mood. 

Elliott has toys that he rarely plays with. He got 2 bigger mice toys for Christmas and he plays with them. Last night he was sleeping with them which he never does.

He was laying on the other one. 

Sewing

I got 2 mug rugs done yesterday. The scraps of stabilizer are used up and I will have to cut into yardage for the next 4. I brought a bunch of scraps when we moved as they were too large to toss out. 

I am fussy cutting the print so they are as centered as best as I can get them. 

They are fabric wasters. I have 2 more centers cut and need to cut 2 more along with 3 more pieces of batting. Once the cutting is done, I will have them done in a couple of hours. 

I may have to patch work the inside of the gift bag I'm making as I don't think I have enough of the red fabric left. There is some green fabric and the print left over. I will make it work. 

I didn't purge anything yesterday as I wanted to wait until I got the mug rugs and gift bag completed. I will take out the trash today for garbage pickup tomorrow. I may even get the floor swept if I have time.

Knitting

I almost jumped up and down with joy as I got the 2nd sock cast on and into the round with no issues at all. I got 12 rounds knit on it. Progress has been made. 

Today

The hope is to clean the dining area this morning. It needs to be done. I would like to do 2 more mug rugs this afternoon. Hopefully we can work on the puzzle. Tonight I will knit. All this depends on the Spousal Unit's mood.

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment