Monday, July 19, 2021

A Busy Day

Yesterday was another warm and humid day. The high got to 27.5C with a humidex of 34C. We had a bit of rain fall in the evening/night and it is warm this morning at 19C. Showers and 27C for today. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning our bedroom and the bathroom. The bedding was laundered, windows cleaned and the dusting was done. It was a bigger clean than normal. The bathroom was a normal cleaning job. 

I made a rhubarb and strawberry crisp after lunch. I used the oven on the stove with no issues. We took it over and had it for dessert with family. 

The Spousal Unit swept the garage and picked beans for supper. Our first vegetables from the garden and they were yummy good. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday and there were no recoveries. There are now 8 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I didn't get a chance to sew yesterday. But I did think about items I want to make. It was fun to think and maybe I will get things done in the next year. 

With all this thinking (dangerous for the budget), I'm still trying to use up the fabric in the stash. How can I fit some of it into the house, what can I make for others, and what will be used to practice quilting designs on. I will have to continue adding to the list of ideas and check them off when done. The monthly to-do list really helps as does a master list I have in a book where I keep my ideas. 

But, I have to finish a test pattern first. Then back to the doll's quilt and get it finished before I use up the cat fabric for potholders and table squares. 

Knitting

While babysitting the oven, I did a bit of knitting. I have about 4" knit now on the hat band. 

Today

The plan is to clean the kitchen and dining area, try to finish the dress test pattern and knit. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment