Friday, July 09, 2021

Test Pattern Completed

 Yesterday was another sunny warm day but with a bit less humidity. The high got to 21.8C. This morning it was 16C and we are to have showers and thunderstorms today and rain tonight. Just before 7 a.m. we had a heavy rain that was over in about 15 minutes. 

Lifestyle

We were out the door early to do yard work. The Spousal Unit did a bunch of weed whacking in the ditch and I pulled the remaining weeds out of the lawn. We were both tired due to the sun beating down on us. But we got what we wanted done. 

After the rain passes, I will finish weeding the dreaded hedge. It won't take too long to do as it isn't overly weedy. It is easier to do if I keep up on it. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. Both were in the Eastern zone. 

Sewing

The test pattern is finished and I'm happy with it. 

I used the lace trim and stitched it together to make the scarf. I'm trying to use up what I have in the stash vs buying more fabric. 

This is a pattern I won't be sewing again. It is a nicely fitting pattern but there are too many issues with it. The front seam should be sewn so it can be covered with the trim. The back seam needs to be 1/2" rather than 1/4" for snaps. But, I'm glad I sewed for a designer I've never tested for. 

Knitting

I looked at the sweater but did nothing. I was too tired to work on it. 

Today

I have a load of laundry to do and clean the bathroom. I want to sew a couple of blocks on the doll's quilt and knit tonight.  It will probably be an inside day today.

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment