Sunday, July 18, 2021

Working On New Projects

Yesterday was warm at 26C and a humidex of 28C. The humidity did drop making it nicer to be outside. This morning it was 19C when we got up. There was also a shower that happened about 4 a.m. It is to get to 25C again today with showers tonight. 

Lifestyle

We were tired yesterday as we didn't sleep well on Friday night. I did bbq chicken in the morning and made a cucumber salad. With a bit of tweaking, the cucumber salad will be good. We had some last night and it was refreshing to eat.

We were out to friends in Wolfville yesterday afternoon. She wanted help with her tomatoes. While the Spousal Unit and our friend trimmed and staked the tomatoes, I weeded the garden for her. The Spousal Unit also dug out her celery root that was taking over her garden bed. After a short visit we got home in time for dinner. It was a nice afternoon for us. 

I took a picture of this lovely Japanese iris in her yard and I'm hoping to find one for our front flower bed. 

I have a spot for them. 

There were no cases of the virus reported yesterday. The fourth day in a row now. There are 5 active cases in the province which is wonderful. Hopefully we will see less than that soon. 

Sewing

I did work on the doll's dress on Friday. One half of the skirt is gathered onto the bodice and it is cute. 

This could become a new favorite basic dress for the dolls. I love that the skirt pleats and the bodice darts line up. 

Knitting

I got the sweater and beret done and ready for the doll to model it. I am thrilled with this pattern and will be making it again during the winter. 

The hat never made it into any of the pictures. 

I have enough of the yarn to make myself a hat and, I hope, a scarf. If not enough, I will buy another ball. 

I started another project out of a variegated yarn. It is shades of blue with a silver thread in it. I'm making a hat that I said I'd never make again. 

I love how the stitches are on a slant though the knit row is the hardest to knit. And the silver thread does glitter some. 

I have 23" to knit of this stitch so I will be quite a while working on it. This stitch does give me cramps in my hands. Strangely enough, I am enjoying knitting it the second time. 

Today

I am going to housework this morning and make the crisp. I hope to sew on the doll's dress this afternoon and get it finished. I may get to knit tonight.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment