Monday, July 05, 2021

Progress On The Doll's Quilt

 Yesterday was a cool wet day with a high of 13.3C and an inch of rain. Today it is 11C and the sun is shining. It is to get to 22C today.

Lifestyle

With the rain, we couldn't do anything much at all. It was a totally inside day in which laundry got folded and the sheets on our bed changed. It was borderline boring but we couldn't complain as we needed the rain. 

There were 3 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All are close contacts of previous cases. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room working on the doll's quilt. All the 4 patches are sewn and two have been cut apart.

I moved the pieces around so that the pieces are in the right spot and the seams are matched for nesting them tightly together.

Once I got what I liked, the block was resewn together, trimmed to 8"  and the strips attached to the sides. I cut them to 8" to make sure they fit correctly. Once done, I measured the width of the block and cut two strips for the top and bottom.

It isn't perfect but it is done. The problems lie in the fabric. The solid and dot are thin. Though I starched them a 2nd time, they were finicky to cut (once again). The flower print was lovely to work with as it is heavy like a good quilting cotton. Lesson learned - never buy garment fabric and use it for quilting. When this quilt is done, I will be tossing the scraps into the garbage can. I will be happy to sew with good quilting cotton once again.

Knitting

The first sleeve is completed on the sweater. No pictures last night but you can see the ombre starting to show. The lower edge of the sleeve is showing darker. 

Today

We are heading out to get apples this morning and then home. I would like to sew but it will be in and out as the lawns need to be fertilized today. I also need to do some weed killing and hoeing of the hedge this week. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment