Thursday, July 08, 2021

More Weeding, Sewing, and Knitting

Yesterday was another warm and humid day. The high got to 24.9C with a humidex of 29C. We are now under a warning for tropical storm Elsa. This morning the temperature was 12C and it is to get to 25C again today.

Lifestyle

I set the timer for 55 minutes and pulled weeds out of the lawn. I got a big area done in that time and filled a 5 gallon pail to the brim. That part of the lawn looks better even though there are dying dandelions in it. We are trying to get that area looking nice after last years mess from the cinch bugs (no control was done though we paid for it). Once done, I went and got grandson from his appointment and headed home for water and a bit of recovery time. 

The Spousal Unit weed whacked around the vegetable bins and the shed in the morning and fertilized the plants. In the afternoon, he weed whacked part of the ditch. He was tired when done due to the humidity. 

There was 1 case of the virus reported yesterday and the number of active cases has dropped to 39. The briefing yesterday stated we will be wearing masks until 75% of the total population has had 2 doses of the vaccine. 

Sewing

I worked on the doll's dress yesterday and got quite a bit done. I'm not thrilled with the pattern construction as it is quite simple. At least the seams are finished even if not to a high standard. 

I did a leaf pattern down the front to try a design on the sewing machine. It worked perfectly. 

In all reality, the pants should have been the solid green but I didn't have enough fabric. I wasn't going to put the lace a the bottom of the top but now I will to give a break between the top and the pants. I'm not sure about the scarf as it should be light weight and it remains to be seen if I have anything in the stash. 

Knitting

The second sleeve is done and I'm ready to start the front band and shawl collar. I am looking forward to this part as it is the challenging part of the pattern. 

Today

More work on the weeding as I want to get most done before the rain comes. I do hope to finish the doll's outfit and start picking up the stitches for the front band and shawl collar. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment