Saturday, July 10, 2021

Elsa Was Cranky

 Yesterday the high got to 25.4C and it was humid. There was rain in the morning and we thought it was done. Nope, it rained off and on all day. Post tropical storm Elsa slid in around midnight and the heavy rain woke me and the wind kept me awake. She was a cranky storm for sure. This morning it was 17C with a lovely cool wind. We are to see 24C today with quite a bit of sunshine. 

Lifestyle

With the first good rain storm over with early in the morning, we decided to head to order the prime rib roast for the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner. It rained hard most of the trip and let up when we got to our destination. 

We had a quick lunch on our way to a parking lot to look out at the Minas Basin and then headed home. It was a nice trip even if it was wet.

As it was wet and windy, I couldn't barbecue so we bought a roasted chicken for dinner. We decided to have a bit of cake for dessert and man it was sweet. Not doing that again; we will buy fruit instead. I'm expecting an IBS attack today as I ate more gluten than I should have. I'd be surprised if I didn't.

There was 1 new case of the virus reported yesterday. What is wonderful - no community spread in the province. 

Sewing

I got another 2 squares cut and resewn yesterday. I sewed on the strips and now have a square. 

I watched a video on how to sew long strips without stretching them. This works if your strips are the same length. If they aren't, start at one end and sew in the same direction each time you add a strip according to Rob Appell

Knitting

I looked at it and decided I couldn't do anything. We spent the evening talking. 

Today

We are tired from the storm coming through during the night. I've up righted the deck furniture already and the only thing left to do is up right 2 cucumber pots. I'm not sure what we will do today as our energy levels are low. I'd like to work on the doll's quilt but that remains to be seen. I have 2 blocks to cut and resew, three short and 1 long sashes to add and it's ready for sandwiching and quilting. It's the cutting I'm worried about as I have to talk myself through it. We wait and see.

Until the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment