Friday, July 23, 2021

Ready To Quilt

Yesterday morning the rain, thunder and lightening continued until mid morning. 1.5" of rain fell in that storm. The skies lightened and we had a rather nice cloudy day. The high got to 18C. This morning, the sun is shining and it is 12C. We are to showers this afternoon and a high of 23C.

Lifestyle

As it was an inside day, I chose to wash floors. I got them all done before noon. I also replaced a light bulb in the dining area and cleaned all the pot lights. 

Once I did that, I cleaned the stairs and front entry, disinfected all the door knobs and swept the sewing room floor. I also cleaned up some in the sewing room. And all before lunch. 

The Spousal Unit weed whacked the ditch in the front of the property and was pleased with how it looked. He will work slowly down the side getting it done. 

There were no new cases of the virus and 1 death reported yesterday. There are still 11 active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I muttered and grumbled, sewed and cut and finally got the back of the doll's quilt done. 

I flipped it over, taped it to the floor and put the batting and top on. Crawling on the floor I pinned it together. My hips and lower back let me know I'm old. 

I am ready to quilt it. I have a plan of doing triangles on this one. I may have to buy another spool of thread to finish this quilt. 

I still have the pillow and pillow case to make. The pillow case pieces are cut out and I need to cut out the pillow from white broadcloth. The left over scraps are in the garbage can. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat band and the color has changed to white. 

I am not totally impressed with the color changes in this yarn as I prefer short color runs. We will see how it looks in the end. I feel the yarn is more suited to scarves. 

I am wanting to work on the Chinese waitress cast on and this video should help me get started. This video shows how to do a cast off that goes with this cast on. It is towards the bottom of the page. Something new to learn. 

Today

We have to get the prime rib roast for the Spousal Unit's birthday dinner tomorrow night. I would like to sew the doll's pillow and pillow case this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment