Saturday, July 03, 2021

Cooling Off

 Yesterday was cool with a high of 15.6C. We had about 1/4" of rain fall. This morning it is 12C and we could see a high of 15C again. There will be showers again today.

Lifestyle

It was nice to have it cool yesterday and we enjoyed it. The house cooled off which was great. We turned off the a/c and enjoyed the coolness coming in the windows. It was great to have showers as everything got a great watering. 

As it was cooler, we both felt the tiredness from the heat and humidity. We rested during the day and slept well during the night. We seem to be recuperating quicker than I thought. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday which was fantastic. With the numbers low, we will be planning a day trip to Truro when the weather improves. 

Sewing

I was down into the sewing room yesterday to sew. The Spousal Unit's shirt is ready for snaps. I'm happy with the results and am glad it looks great. 

I watched a video as a person who had limited free motion quilting experience got a lesson. I have ideas on how to work on my free motion quilting. I need to make a pieced sandwich where I can practice in a given space. Angela Walters uses this with her printed quilt tops when teaching free motion quilting. 

Knitting

I cast on a doll's sweater and knit merrily on it yesterday. I had time in the morning and then again last night. 

This was after my morning session. I'm now at the point of having the body joined under the arms ready to knit the body of the sweater. I'm doing the shawl collar sweater that I tested quite a while ago.

I will also do the hat as it is part of a wardrobe I am slowly making for the AG dolls. 

Today

I have a few things to do upstairs in the morning. I want to put the snaps on the shirt with hopes of sweeping the sewing room floor after that. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment