Saturday, July 24, 2021

Quilting Begun

 Yesterday was cooler than it has been for a while. The sun did shine until after lunch when we had a nice shower. It was nice until I started dinner and had to bbq in another shower. The high got to 22.4C. This morning it is cloudy and 12C. I don't know if we've had showers or not but I'm thinking we might have. 

Lifestyle

Grandson was over for the day and once he arrived, we headed up to Canning to get the prime rib roast we ordered. We got lunch, dinner, and pepperoni also. We had a lovely trip talking about the Olympics. 

The Spousal Unit picked a few tomatoes from the garden. They will be for dinner tonight. I prepped a cucumber salad for dinner and all I have left to do it put the seasonings on the prime rib, let it warm up and baby sit the BBQ this afternoon. Before that happens, the ice cream cake will be picked up. Family is bringing the roasted vegetables. The Spousal Unit's birthday dinner is ready to go. 

There were 2 cases of the virus report and 1 recovery for a total of 11 active cases. It was also reported that almost 56% of the population is fully vaccinated. 

Sewing

I started quilting the quilt. I am free motioning triangles to practice getting from point A to point B with a decent stitch length. I practiced on a sandwich and did okay. When I got on the quilt I had issues with the seam allowances being bulky. Not sure why that is happening but it tells me to press the seams open to have less bulk. I have the pressure at -7 but may have to back it off more.

After getting half of the quilt done, I was totally hating what I had done. I did one of the sashes and was thrilled with it. I then went back and did reverse triangles on one row and I am happier with the look. It does look organic and a long ways from perfect. I'm learning which is important. 

Knitting

I knit on the headband of the hat and am almost done it. I hope it looks okay with the long color runs. I know the main part of the hat will start with white but it will only be a few rows before the color changes again. 

Today

I will be prepping for the Spousal Unit's birthday all day. I doubt if I will be sewing or knitting. Knitting maybe if I have a few minutes here and there. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment