Friday, July 30, 2021

Decision One Made

 Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 23.3C. This morning it is 16C and it is starting to rain. It is to be rainy with a high of 19C. 

Lifestyle

I did 2 loads of laundry yesterday morning and while it was on, I began to paint the patches in the downstairs bathroom and the sewing room. It took me longer to set up to paint than it did to actually paint. I did 2 coats where we had done some mudding and all looks good. 

Between loads of laundry, I also did a few other home decor things. I cut strips of card stock 1 x 4" and glued them to the back of the fabric pictures to go into the bathroom and they were left to dry for 24 hours. I used kid's glue to put them on.

Next up was to takes the little table shelves and sand the paint job. I had to clean up a place to work on and got it done in no time flat. When I came to wipe them off, I got a scrub bucket that we have in the garage, cleaned it, filled it and when I finished wiping I realized this bucket had a hole in it also. Two buckets, 2 days. I will have to buy a new scrub bucket.

Once done, it was lunch time and after lunch I made our bed and folded the 2nd load of laundry. Not too bad for a morning. 

There was one new case of the virus reported yesterday with 10 active cases in the province. With other provinces showing a growth in new cases I'm worried about a 4th wave. 

Sewing

I got the binding sewn down on the doll's quilt and the pillow case made. No pictures as they are stiff with starch and need to have a quick laundering. All that is left is the pillow. 

I continued to think about what I want to do in the sewing room. I do my best thinking down there. I went over a lot of thoughts and my biggest decision was to stop sewing for testers. I think I am burnt out from it. I worry every month if I am going to get 1 pattern to test. I started to grab the first pattern available even if I didn't want to sew it. The designers have slowed down and there is less to choose from. In all the fun is gone for me. 

Decision 2 is coming. 

Knitting

I finished the hat and I dislike it. 

It's how the colors turned out that I dislike, not the pattern. I will rip it out and make something like a scarf from it. I will knit the hat again as I did enjoy the pattern this time. 

Today

I'm heading out to grocery shop shortly, do some housework, have neighbors over for hotdogs at noon, and, hopefully, start the next project in sewing and knitting. Sewing is the doll's pillow and knitting is ripping the hat back and finding a scarf pattern to knit. Maybe I'll get a picture or two taken today.

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment