Thursday, April 01, 2021

Play Time On The Juki

 Yesterday was amazing weather wise. The high got to 18.5C, the sun shone, and the wind wasn't too bad. This morning it is 11C and we are waiting for rain. Rain for 24 hours, then cool, and then warming up again. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning two cupboards and a bank of drawers. This is the area closet to the stove and the one where grease is attracted to. I spent quite a bit of time scrubbing the area clean and the water was very dirty. I purged 2 items from that area and put some items onto different shelves or into a different drawer. I was happy with what I got done. 

I worked a bit on the puzzle before lunch and got 6-8 pieces put in. I'm focusing on a tree which is harder than I thought it would be. 

There were 2 new cases of the virus reported on Wednesday. Both are related to travel outside the region. 

Sewing

I set up the sewing machine on the cabinet. The Diamond is on my desk and ready to be used as an embroidery machine and for piping. 

I turned on the machine and the fun began. I read the manual as I went along. I got a bobbin filled, the machine threaded and played with fabric to get some ideas of what I needed to set. Once I was happy, I cut fabric to make a reusable shopping bag. 

I spray basted batting to the back of the fabric and started to cross hatch. What a thrill it was to use this machine. Guide the fabric down the marked line and each stitch is the same length. I was excited. 

I did a second row of stitching and got the same results.

I was able to save the setting into a file folder after doing the third row of stitching. I do have a book at the table to write things into as I sew items. For this project I wrote the down what I thought was important and it wasn't enough. 

I have since put Folder 1 under Horse Bag. 

This machine's bed is higher than the Diamond and I got tired doing the first two rows of stitching. I put a cushion of the chair and I found, what I hope is my sweet spot in height. If not, I will either try a pillow or make a new cushion for the chair. I'm long waisted and have always had an issue when sewing. 

I am still watching quilting videos by Karen Brown. I have done the ones on bullet journals/planning, cleaning your sewing room, and color theory. There is a tab up with links to those videos and pages on her website. 

Knitting

I knit exactly one row on the sweater last night. I was tired and didn't want to knit so I didn't. 

Today

More kitchen cleaning, then some cross hatching, and, hopefully, knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment