Thursday, April 08, 2021

Another Good Laugh

Though yesterday had very little sun, it was warm at 10C. There was no rain which was a bonus. This morning it is 3C and suppose to get to a high of 10C again today. We might even see some sunshine. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday started off with cleaning the bedroom. The bedding was washed, furniture dusted and the floor swept. From there, I cleaned the counter where the ball stools are in the kitchen. Birthday flowers were trimmed and put in fresh water, shelves wiped and everything put into order. Another small area that is cleaned up. I also dusted the stairs down to the front door. Elliott goes up and down them depositing cat hair like crazy. 

There were 2 cases of the virus reported yesterday. It was also reported that 8 cases reported over the weekend were foreign workers who work in the agriculture in the province. I do hope they are not going to be too sick being so far from home. 

Sewing

Yesterday's laugh in the sewing was me trying to lower the sewing machine so it sat flush with the cabinet top. I couldn't figure out how it worked. I watched videos and they made it look so easy. I pushed like they did and nothing happened. I made sure everything was correct underneath and tried again. Nothing. After many attempts, I gave it one good push and down it went. You need to use more force than they show in the videos. 

I sat at the machine as it sat flush and it is a perfect height for me. I did some measuring, more internet searching and finally ordered a plexi glass insert so I can use the machine flush in the cabinet. 

I did sew the binding on the second potholder, pinned it in place and called it a day. It was time to start dinner. 


Knitting

I did a lot of knitting on the sweater and have 10 rows to finish. I do like this pattern and will start another one right away for a Downton Abbey look.

Today

We are going to Coldbrook to get apples this morning. We need a morning away from home. This afternoon I will hand stitch the binding down on the potholders and tonight I would like to finish knitting the sweater. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment