Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Two New Test Patterns To Work On

I Yesterday the weather was cold. Though it got to 6.5C, the north wind went right through you. This morning it is 3C and we can expect more wind to keep you feeling cold. It is suppose to get to 10C and tonight -3C. 

Lifestyle

We had a nice trip to get a few things in New Minas and then up to Canning for meat. Though cold and windy, it was nice to get out of the house for the morning. Both stores we went into weren't busy which was nice. 

There were 6 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Five were from outside of Canada and one from outside of Atlantic Canada. The Atlantic Bubble opening has been moved from April 19 to May 3. Safety of people is the main concern at the moment.

Sewing

I got the binding on the 2nd placemat and pinned the binding down on both placemats. They are ready for me to hand stitch Thursday afternoon after my needle. 

I found the bag the kit was in and the price tag on it was 26.99. I was shocked that I had paid that much for a kit. I know I had bought it because we didn't have time for me to have the pieces cut.

I spent a lot of time laying out the next test pattern. I wanted to get it onto a .5 meter piece of fabric and I did. I have to cut the collar lining from broadcloth. 

I got the paint chips to play with hues, tints, shades and tones. I need to get 2 more and then I can play. This is an area I want to work on so will be more and more color chips to get the idea in my head.

The Great British Sewing Bee starts tonight and I am hoping to find it and watch it tomorrow. I want to see what happens this year. 

Knitting

The first sleeve of the daisy stitch is done. The second sleeve has been cast on a 4 rows completed. Once done, I can start sewing it together and do the front bands. But, it will be put away as I have a new pattern to test. 

Today

We go out for hair cuts this morning and it's sewing this afternoon and knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.........................................

 


No comments:

Post a Comment