Sunday, April 04, 2021

Happy Easter

Though yesterday was cool with a high of 3.6C, we had no rain or wind until later in the day. This morning it is -1C and we are under a freezing rain warning. The high is to get to 5C and we are to see periods of rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

We headed out yesterday morning to Coldbrook to the used book store. The Spousal Unit was happy to get books. With the weather as such, he can't do much outside yet. I enjoyed the trip as it got both of us out of the house. 

We had dinner at family's last night to celebrate my birthday. It was really delicious; Caesar salad, potato and leek soup, biscuits, and lemon meringue pie. We played dominoes before dinner and had some good laughs. A wonderful afternoon and evening.

I lost 1.3 lbs this week for a total of 26.7 lbs. I'm nearing my next mini goal and hope I can reach it this month. I'm tracking what I eat and am working hard on my journey. 

There were 4 new cases reported yesterday and are related to travel or close contact with another person. We hope that people celebrate Easter safely this year as we were not able to last year. 

Sewing

I went down to the sewing with one goal in mind. To work with the machine using the settings when the machine is turned on. I changed the feed dogs back to the one that was in the machine when it arrived. It worked beautifully for me. 

I made piping on the Diamond and then attached it to the handles I had folded and ironed. I did top stitch the folded side of the handles and all went well. Then I put on the zipper foot to stitch close to the edge near the piping. All I can say is wow!! It was really close and nothing wobbled. 

You really can't see the stitching but when I looked at in person, I was really excited. 

I pinned the handles on the bag before I called it an afternoon (going out for dinner). 

Next up is to try the zig zag stitch to hold the handles in place securely. 

Knitting

I knit on the sweater last night and am almost ready to put the sleeves onto waste yarn and work the body. So far I am loving this pattern. 

Today

We are staying home today and I will finish cleaning the front entrance, sew on the bag and knit on the sweater. We are having a rolled turkey breast for dinner so I will spend some time cooking a nice meal for us. 

Until the next time....................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment