Friday, April 16, 2021

Dose One Done

 We've had some lovely weather and some not so lovely weather. There has been sunshine, clouds, and wind. Yesterday was sunny with some frost but it got to 12C. This morning, frost again, cloudy at the moment with chances of sunshine for the day. High to be 10C. 

Lifestyle

We had haircuts on Wednesday and then home for the rest of the day. Yesterday was vaccine day for me. No issues at all until during the night. I woke dreaming and my injection was sore. It is still tender this morning and I'm tired from the lack of sleep. But, I have the first dose and I'm happy about that. I'll live with the tenderness. 

Our daily numbers are remaining low and most are related to travel outside of Canada or the Atlantic provinces. Yesterday's 3 cases do not live in Nova Scotia or have close contacts in the province. 

Sewing

On Wednesday I started a new test pattern. I am ready to sew the bodice together after doing the collars 3 times. The collar on the left side is laying flat and the one on the right side is showing the little turn under at the back of the neck.

Once I had the collar under control I worked on finishing the back facing using a Hong Kong finish. I love this finish on curved pieces. 

I didn't do any sewing yesterday as I was too tired to handle this pattern. 

I downloaded the first episode of The Great British Sewing Bee and watched it. I enjoyed it though the sewers are not as experienced as in previous seasons. Could be due to the virus and people not wanting to apply. 

Knitting

The first sleeve is done and on a spare needle. At that point, I crashed, drank my tea, and went to bed. I had had enough of the world for the day. 

Today

I am not sure how much I will get done today and really didn't have a list of items to do. I will do laundry and sweep some floors. After that, I may sew and knit depending on my energy level. If it's low, I may nap. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment