Sunday, April 18, 2021

I'm Lazzzzzy Or Is It Recovering?

 Though no snow fell in our area, 11 km down the road there was snow. Enough to make the ground white. We had some rain in the morning but none in the afternoon. The high got to 7C. This morning it is cool at 1C, it has rained, and we are waiting for the nice weather that starts tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I were to the city yesterday to get a few items. We were home by noon so missed the afternoon crowds. 

I have been lazy since getting the vaccine. I dozed yesterday afternoon. I need to get busy again and stop dozing in the afternoons. 

I lost another 1.8 lbs this week and am down 29.8 lbs. I'm thrilled with my progress and preparing to set my next mini goal. 

There were 8 cases of the virus reported yesterday. All were either related to travel or a close contact. One of the close contact cases was a staff member of a long term facility. Fingers crossed there will be no more cases in the facility. 

Sewing

I didn't sew again yesterday. I did some thinking as I want to sew for myself. I am thinking of starting when I hit my first big goal. It will be something simple from fabric I have in the stash. And from a pattern I already have on hand. The challenge will be matching plaids. I hope I have enough fabric as I bought it 4.5 years ago to make the pattern. I will only have to buy buttons for it. I am working it into the list of items to sew during the summer as I set the goal for the end of July. 

Knitting

I finished the 2nd sleeve and will be knitting them on larger needles. They are too short. I did cast on and start knitting the body of the sweater on the larger needles. I will be glad when this yarn is gone as I have tension issues with it. 

I have a scarf I want to ravel out and use for dolls sweaters/dresses. I can't wear it against by skin as it makes me itchy. I am going to look for some soft yarn and make myself a simple scarf to wear with a coat. I may be dreaming here but I can dream. 

Today

 Laundry and tidying up the kitchen this morning. Sewing this afternoon and knitting tonight. With the weather the way it is, I'm staying in and keeping warm. 

Until the next time.........................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment