Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Learning and Relearning

Yesterday we saw sunshine and a high of 11C. The wind was cold though and it blew hard at times. This morning it is 4C and cloudy. We could see showers today along with wind. 

Lifestyle

I got some housework done yesterday. I cleaned the bathroom and scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. I then scrubbed the hall floor the same way. Was done in good time and the Spousal Unit and I went out for a bit.

On our drive we noticed more daffodils are up and the very tips of the magnolia blooms are showing color. Spring is coming slowly but surely. 

I retained some fluid yesterday and lost it and more overnight. Not sure what caused the fluid retention but am happy it is gone. I made sure I drank extra water yesterday. 

There were 7 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Three people are in the hospital. Most cases are from outside of the region or from a close contact. 

Sewing

I finished quilting the second placemat and buried the threads. I then put the binding on one. It took me quite a while to get the ends sewn together correctly. 

I am really pleased with how much I've learned about the new machine and relearned about quilting. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit on the daisy stitch sweater. I am now decreasing the sleeves now. One day it will be finished. 

Today

I'm taking grandson to school, then we are heading out to get some meat and a few other items. I have to print out a new pattern to test and then get the binding on the other placemat. I can sit and hand sew the binding Thursday afternoon. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment