Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Sewing Masks Once Again

 Though yesterday was cloudy, it didn't rain during the day. The high got to 10C. This morning, it is 2C and very windy. We are to have showers but we wait and see if that happens. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit did a few things outside yesterday. He is looking forward to the time when he can plant seeds and tend to his garden. 

We now have provincial restrictions in place to keep movement of people limited so the spread of the virus can be slowed down or stopped. Schools in the more restricted area have been closed for 2 weeks in hopes that it will help stop the virus from spreading in schools. The rest of the province is being monitored carefully with testing clinics being ramped up. 

There were 66 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. What is disturbing is a person in their 20's in the ICU. What is great is 11000+ people had Covid testing done on Sunday. 

Sewing

I did some shopping at the quilt store yesterday. I'm ready to hunker down for a month. I did get the fabrics for the cat placemats so I can piece them. 

I bought and used up about 1/3 of polypropylene to add a third layer to new masks for myself. I have three masks ready to finish today. The cat fabric is left over from another project.

The lining fabric is from the first mask I made for me.

And the lining is put in as a separate piece and then sewn as one piece. 

Knitting

I got buttons for the sweater and finished it before lunch. It is really cute. 

The sleeves do have a pattern on them which adds a bit of interest to the pattern.

It is hard to see the pattern in the grey yarn. I would knit it again in pink but I'm saving the yarn for future test patterns from this designer. I have some blue, grey and pink (3-4 projects) left. 

I decided to knit a sweater for the outfit I made using knits. It is a spare ball of yarn in the stash. I got started and am enjoying the knit as I've knit it several times already. 

Today

I have to take Elliott to the vet for his annual check up and do some paper work at home. This afternoon, I want to finish the masks and tonight work on the sweater. Life is a bit boring but we want to keep ourselves and others safe.

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment