Thursday, April 29, 2021

Three Masks Done

The weather improved yesterday to sunshine and 18C. It was a lovely day. This morning it is 4C and is suppose to be warm again but with more clouds. Then comes the rain.

Lifestyle

With life in lockdown, we are both happy and upset. Happy because there is hope we can drive the number of cases down but upset some people let it get out of hand through carelessness. We did go for a drive yesterday to enjoy the blooms but it wasn't really that spectacular. 

The easy part of the lockdown is that we are prepared for the 2 weeks. We have lots of food to eat. The hard part is not being able to visit with family or friends in our small bubble. 

There were 96 cases of the virus reported on Tuesday and 75 cases yesterday. The number of tests per capita here is the highest in the country. It helps catch those who are feeling okay but have the virus. Let's hope the numbers go down each day until we have this under control. 

I did some research on the Influenza of 1918 when a small add popped up on Pinterest. We were amazed as I read articles at the commonalities between then and now. What we are being told to do now is basically what people were told back then. 

Sewing

I finished the three masks yesterday afternoon. I now have lots of masks to wear when out to do our essential shopping. 

With the third layer added, they stay away from my nose and mouth better and I didn't notice my glasses fogging up. We wait and  see about that. 

Knitting

I'm doing well on the sweater I am knitting. I have both sleeves done, the body joined and a row of increases done. It's mainly knitting until it is done. I may have enough yarn left to knit a hat to go with it. 

Today

We are out for curbside pickup and home to do a few things before I practice free motion quilting. Tonight it's knitting on the sweater. I do hope to watch episode 3 of the Great British Sewing Bee sometime today. 

Until the next time.......................................

No comments:

Post a Comment