Sunday, April 11, 2021

Progress On The Placemats

Yesterday was another lovely day. Sunshine and a high of 13C. This morning it is -3C and the sun is shining. Hopefully we will have another nice day.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did the budget. I was rolling along and then I couldn't get the budget form and the bank to balance. I spent a good 20 minutes finding the error. One formula was a mess. Redid it and I finished the paper work in record time. 

I did a bit more clean up of paper work. I took out quite a bit of old paper and am happy to have it gone. Items that I use only occasional were put away. I also put away a lot of pens and I don't need to buy any for another year. I do go through 4-6 pens a year as I do write a lot of info in books, grocery lists, and tally marks while knitting. 

I lost 1.3 lbs this week for a total of 28 lbs to date. I am pleased with what I am accomplishing and am still very focused on what I can and can't eat due to my IBS. I am still very careful about chocolate, high fat foods, and sugar. Those are my trigger foods for bingeing. 

There were 8 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Though our numbers are low compared to other provinces and there is no community spread, I wonder if we are starting wave 3 of the virus. I guess it is a wait and see situation. 

Sewing

I started to quilt the first placemat and stopped as I was making a mess. I then decided to work on stitch in the ditch using the patchwork foot. I was pleased with the results. The part with the deer will be crossed hatched. Decided after I talked to our neighbor. I took no pictures as real life got in the way and I forgot while the lighting was good.

After doing a hunt for simple placemats for the cat fabric. I have decided on this free pattern. It is called Lines In The Sand. I will have to get 3 fabrics to go with the cat fabric. I can do straight line quilting if necessary using my rulers. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and got one sleeve sewn up and the second one started. Almost done. 

Today

Today is another paper work day and I would like to finish quilting one placemat. I hope to sew up the sweater and then work on the daisy stitch sweater. The goal today is to take pictures of what I am working on. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment