Monday, April 26, 2021

Sewing Knits Project Completed

Yesterday was another lovely day with less sunshine and a high of 21.5C. It started to rain last night and this morning it is 8C and cloudy. We are to have showers and gusting winds today. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit got the lawn mowed yesterday and is happy the job is done. Next up is lime and fertilizer. We did talk about the hedge and I'm still going to get help with it this year. 

I cleaned our bedroom and did all the bedding again. I find doing it regularly (lots of work) that I have less allergy issues during the night. 

The number of new cases of the virus was 63 and 5 people are in the hospital with it. People are going on in droves to be tested with 7500 on Saturday. There was a briefing yesterday and restrictions are going to be placed throughout the province. Size of gatherings is 10 in and outside. We will be restricted to only shopping in our community. And we will learn more today I expect. 

Sewing

The doll's outfit is finished and I'm pleased with how the Juki sewed the knit fabric. I matched fabric with ease, added interfacing to stabilize and folded over hems and stitched with out stretching. I didn't sew fast but the machine has great pressure on the foot that it doesn't slip while doing curves. 

I don't have enough fabric to make ankle length leggings so will make another pair of capris. I will dig in the leggings basket to find something to match to make a t-shirt. 

In the search for the long leggings pattern, I found the pattern I love. It is traced onto pattern pellon with the words "Kate's leggings" on it. Now to find which pattern I used. I like this pattern as it uses 1/2" elastic and has a deeper hem. It fits the dolls perfectly. 

Knitting

I finished the sweater and it's ready for buttons. Not sure what I will knit next as people have been working on another pattern by the same designer. She does write a lot of patterns. I am thinking of a white sweater for the dolls. 

Today

I'm heading out to the quilt store before travel restrictions are put in place. I have a list and will get it as I won't be going there for a month. I would love to practice wiggles today following Leah Day's video called Let's Wiggle. I read her blog post that goes with the video. I'm not sure what I will be knitting tonight but I do have yarn out to knit a sweater. Which one is the question of the day. 

Until the next time..............................................................
 

No comments:

Post a Comment