Monday, April 12, 2021

A Great Day For Projects

 The sun shone yesterday morning and the cloud arrived in the afternoon. We had a high of 10C. This morning it is cloudy and 4C at 6 a.m. We are to see 9C today with chances of showers during the day and showers at night. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was more paperwork. Tax season and I got them done and they are sitting cold for another 24 hours before I look over them again. When submitted, all can be printed and filed. 

The Spousal Unit was out to uncover the garlic plants in the morning. They were covered as we had frost the night before. They are growing a bit every day and look healthy. 

I looked at the puzzle for a few minutes yesterday. Daughter-in-law got a huge piece connected to the puzzle so we have new areas to fill in. Hurrah!!

There were 5 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Travel outside the Atlantic region or close contact of a previous case. Only 1 case is under investigation. 

Sewing

I worked on the first placemat and it is ready for binding. I buried all the threads and cut off the extra batting and and backing fabric. 

Our neighbor lent me some khaki colored thread and it was perfect for the cross hatching. It blends in perfectly. I am learning so much as I pick up quilting again. I realize now how little I had learned when I was quilting before. 

Knitting

I finished the doll's sweater before dinner and did the photos. I quite like this sweater. 

I will knit it again using a different yarn and larger needles. I have a plan. 

Last night I worked on the daisy stitch sweater and got a few more rows done on the first sleeve. It is a lovely pattern and I enjoy picking it up between test patterns. 

Today

Housework this morning, sewing this afternoon, and knitting tonight. A quiet day for us. The rest of the week is busy. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment