Friday, April 09, 2021

Potholders Completed

 Mid morning yesterday the sky cleared and the sun shone. It was wonderful to have a full day of sunshine. The high got to 13.5C. This morning it was 3C at 6 a.m. We could see sunshine today with a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning we headed out to Coldbrook to get apples. While there we found out about fertilizer, lime, cinch bug control and leeks. The Spousal Unit tried on rubber boots but he got none over his high arch. The service was excellent in both the store and the greenhouse. 

With the sun shining, the Spousal Unit was outside a lot during the afternoon. He cleaned the lawn mower and after that was done, we both looked at the garlic plants and rose bushes. It was nice to be outside for a bit. It really lifted our spirits.

There were 5 cases of the virus reported yesterday and all were related to travel outside the region. We both are a bit worried about the variant viruses (some here but no community spread) and if the vaccine will be effective for them. A lady I spoke to feels like we do; another year of wearing masks while this is figured out and new vaccines developed if necessary. We were very happy to read that we live in a county that has no reported cases of the virus.

Sewing

I finished the potholders by hand sewing the binding in place. It is nice to have them done and I used them last night. They are a bit big but they will do. 

I laundered the fabric for the Spousal Unit's new shirt. It is lovely fabric and I'm excited to get it started. 

I also got out the next quilting project. Place mats for daughter. They can be used on their outside table. 

I bought the kit and tucked it away for years. The instructions are hand written by the owner of the quilt shop I bought it from. This could be fun and I will work on it one or two days a week to have a break from the shirt. 

We stopped at the quilt shop on the way home from getting apples. I got a new ruler. I looked for cording for piping but found none. I'll have to figure out where to buy it from as this is twice. 

The fabric is for the Spousal Unit's shirt.

Knitting

I looked at the sweater just before dinner and discovered I made a mistake way back under the knit rows. I think I forgot to do a pattern row. 

I ripped it back and started again. By bedtime I had got 50% of it done. I should be done by Sunday. The white hairs you see are mohair. They are really annoying as they stick out all over the sweater. 

Today

I am going to clean the dining area in preparation to doing paper work over the weekend. I want to sew today and knit tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment