Monday, April 19, 2021

A Successful Sewing Session

 Yesterday was a cold windy day. Not a day for outside. The high got to 4.9C. This morning it is 4C and we are to see 14C. Hopefully the sun will come out and we can enjoy some time outside. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the kitchen floor. It felt good to have that job done and kitchen looking clean. I even moved on and swept the stairs and front landing. 

There were 7 cases of the virus reported yesterday. A second staff member at the long term care home was one of the cases. There was also a case that had the Brazilian variant and late last night it was reported two cases connected to two schools in the Halifax region. We have to continue to be vigilant during this time as we may be heading into the third wave of the virus. 

Sewing

I had one successful session sewing on the test pattern. After I realized I needed a right and left collar and fixed the issue, it was smooth sewing. 

The next hardest part will be the pockets. They are quite different as seen in the temporary cover photo. 

Elliott joined me in the sewing room yesterday. As a youngster, he would jump up onto the cutting table and sleep on the fabric. As a senior, he asks to be covered up on the chair.

Knitting

I knit on the test pattern sweater and got the kangaroo pouch knit and the back part done. It is all joined together and I'm knitting the body. I will redo the sleeves as they are too short. 

Today

It is dining room day. I want to tidy up and wash the floor. I need to fold laundry. This afternoon I will sew on the test pattern (pockets) and tonight I will knit. A day at home again.

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment