Saturday, April 10, 2021

Placemats Begun

Yesterday was another beautiful day. The sun shone and the high got to 15.7C. This morning it is 1C with a touch of frost. It is suppose to get to 10-12C today with sunshine. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday the dining area got cleaned except for one small area. Walls were wiped down, furniture cleaned and a large purge of paper and junk done. The floor got swept but not washed. It will get done in the next few days. It was nice to have the area cleaned up. 

We spent some time outside visiting with our son. It was lovely as there was very little wind. The Spousal Unit was puttering out there getting things ready for spring. He is his happiest when outside thinking about gardening and lawns. 

There were 2 new cases reported yesterday. The province opened up the next age group (60-65 year) to book their vaccines. 

Sewing

I decided to work on the placemats yesterday. I had thought about them a lot. I starched the 1.5" strips to give them a bit more body and was happy I had done that. I also starched the deer fabric as they needed more body also. 

I carefully sewed and cut and am fairly happy with the results. I didn't rush as I am still reacquainting myself to quilting and my new sewing machine. I did put in the straight stitch plate and it was wonderful to sew with. I stopped when I had both placemat tops done.

Our daughter found some fun fabric yesterday and I am going to make more placemats from it.

The cats remind us of Elliott and her cat Bentley. She added the yarn fabric as they are such helpers. 

I will need to buy a border fabric for these placemats I'm thinking of keeping them quite plain to showcase the cats. I will work it out over the next while as I won't start them until after the fabric arrive by mail. I have to make a shirt first. 

Knitting

I have knit and unknit the sweater again. Not as many rows this time. Eight vs 30 rows but still it set me behind. I missed a yarn over which is not like me. I still love the pattern and can't wait to knit my Downton Abbey version next. 

Today

I have to do paperwork today. Once it's done I will do some housework and then spend the afternoon quilting the placemats. Tonight I hope to finish knitting the test sweater. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment