Saturday, April 03, 2021

Day 2 = Frustration

Thursday started out grey and by noon it started to rain and the wind blew. There were spells of rain and then spells of heavy rain. We had 14.6mm of rain fall which is just over 1/2". The high got to 14C. Friday morning was 4C at 6 a.m. and we had very little rain.

Lifestyle

On Thursday, I was out the door to do some shopping and then spent the morning cleaning the cupboard above the stove, the microwave and stove. All is beautiful and shiny in that area. 

Yesterday I scrubbed the coat closet, the floor at the top of the stairs and the stairs to the front door landing. It looks nice but man was it dirty. Dirt, fluff and cat hair. And we are all to blame for it.

I did some genealogy yesterday morning. I was asked about someone and I found a lot of information about her family that the person wanted to know. Fun for a break.  

I booked my appointment for my vaccine yesterday morning and will get my first poke on April 15 and the 2nd one on July 29. It happened sooner than I thought. I will be happy when everyone has their vaccines. 

Thursday there were 3 new cases of the virus reported. Yesterday there were 9 cases all related to travel outside the Atlantic provinces.

Sewing

I finished up the cross hatching and sewed the bag together. 

Any issues are part of the learning curve and boy is that learning curve sharp. Like almost vertical. I did the lining also and by the time it came to thinking about the handles, I was exhausted and frustrated. 

I cleaned up and left the room to rest before making dinner. My brain was fried from trying to figure things out. Day 2 seemed to be worse that Day 1. 

While cross hatching, I decided to change the feed dogs and throat plate. That was another learning experience. All new settings it seemed. I decided I had better look at some videos on this machine. I'm not doing well with trial and error.

Knitting

I am on row 30 of the test pattern. It is a cute pattern and I'm pleased with how it is looking. The yarn and needle size are giving me excellent results. 

Today

We are going out to the library and the vets this morning. This afternoon I will work on the bag (make piping) and see how far I get putting the bag together. We are out for dinner tonight and I may or may not knit.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment